Chapter 4

~Peach was running fast, faster than she ever did. Her anxiety had fogged up her vision, and it was difficult to make out anything specifically.

While fleeing, a pair of arms appeared from a doorway in front of her, snatching her inside the room.

"AHH!" she screamed, before a hand rushed over her mouth, pinning it shut.

"Are you out of your mind?" Waluigi hissed in a whisper. "Keep it up and we'll be the main course at dinner."

Peach nodded her head, and Waluigi slowly let his hand from her mouth.

"What do we do?" she whispered.

"Try to escape," he said bluntly. "It's free-for-all now."

Peach got up from her kneeling position and looked around. It seemed like he had pulled her into a storage room consisting of a bunch of old outdoor utilities, like rakes, buckets, hose lining and push-mowers.

"He needs to transfer this shed outside," Waluigi commented.

Peach frowned, scanning all the dusty objects, but a glimpse of light caught her attention. Walking to the back of the room, she moved aside a large barrel full of tools.

"What the hell. . ." Waluigi said in a low voice.

The light was emerging from the bottom of a door, which was hidden behind the large barrel.

Peach thought she heard a noise through there, too.

"Come on," she whispered, slowly creaking the door open. She shielded her eyes for a second; the light that shined back at her was a bit too bright.

"Bright-ass room," Waluigi muttered, forearm up in front of his eyes.

Peach lead the way, slowly into the room. It was so bright she couldn't see anything at all.

However, once her whole body was through the doorway, it swung back shut, with a loud slam.

"Uhh, was that supposed to happen?" Waluigi called out, knocking on the door, but he got no response.

Peach was on the other end, tugging on the door, but it wouldn't budge.

"Alright. . ." she said anxiously.

The room seemingly drowned out all the noise. But as if on cue, the light toned way down, to the point where she can actually see what's going on, while still being a decently-visible room.

"Oh my god," Peach said, shocked. "Daisy! Mario!"

She ran forward to them, but smacked her face into something, rebounding from the impact. It was a rusted chain-link fence in front of her. Too tall to climb and supported on both walls. It wasn't going anywhere, and neither was she.

"Ughh!" she gripped her fingers through the openings, shaking the fence in frustration.

Mario and Daisy were both suspended in the air, dangling from the ceiling, with tape covering their mouths. Both of them were tied up tight with a metal chain around their torso. However, they also had a rope attached to them, which connected to a common midpoint between the two, high at the tip of the ceiling.

Suddenly, there was a ping coming from above. Peach's head shot up, looking at the intercom speaker.

"Welcome," the voice boomed from the speaker. The voice was all deep, distorted and unidentifiable. Like one of those voice disguisers from the movies, Peach thought.

The voice continued.

"Here we have our first test, with the help of our test subjects, Mario and Daisy."