Chapter 6

~"Shit, you heard that, right?" Waluigi perked up lowly.

"Yes, oh my god, I think that was Mario," Rosalina said worriedly. "Fast, check the floor again!"

They both went on hands and knees, crawling around and feeling the floor for any hope of a hidden latch or button.

"It's no use!" Waluigi said hastily. "We're never gonna get down there in time!"

"Okay, alright! I'll think of something," she started making a few twirling motions with her wand.

. . .

"Look at me!" Mario pleaded. She reluctantly met his eyes.

"If you love me. . . shoot me."

She could barely see with the tears in her eyes, everything was so blurry. But the sounds of the blade were much clearer, and she realized she needed a decision soon or it was going to end bad for both of them.

"Please, do it for me," he said slowly, trying to keep a calm manner.

. . .

"Hurry up!" Waluigi rushed. He thought he could hear some mechanical noise from below, too, but he wasn't sure.

"It takes time," she sighed. "Hold on."

She had created a bright blue mist that started to fill the storage room, settling on the ground. A few seconds later, they watched as an outline formed, one that was a square.

Waluigi rushed over to it just as the mist disappeared, running his hands around the hatch, which had blended in with the floor. But it wouldn't budge.

"Quick! Hand me something to break it," he said urgently.

Rosalina spun around, taking a fast glance before jumping to a wrench which was laying around. She brought it to him.

"This side is where it's connected," Rosalina explained. "You're gonna want to hit it opposite to that."

She knocked her knuckles against the spot she was talking about.

"Alright," he grunted as he repeatedly smashed the wrench into the side of the square which was opposite to the hinges.

After a few attempts, a chunk of floorboard blew open, leaving a small disfigured hole in the hatch.

"Fuck this," he tossed aside the wrench and stood up. He set his right foot and slammed it down as hard as he could, with most his weight still over the actual floor of the room.

The hatch swung open, hanging on the hinges weakly. Dust sprinkled throughout the room.

POW!

"Was that a gunshot?!" Rosalina shrieked at the ear piercing sound she just heard.

"It must be, come on!" Waluigi said as he dropped down the hatch, into the darkness below. Rosalina wasn't far behind.

"Some kind of cellar," Waluigi rasped.

With both of them now below, they both saw the single suspended light which hung over a table.