Chapter 9

~Waluigi sprawled out onto the carpet, coughing up water and trying to regain his senses. The room was like looking straight into the sun, it was so bright. He had not seen anything but darkness for what seemed like forever.

"I . . I thought I was dead," he murmured while looking up, his vision slowly coming back. He could make out somebody standing before him . . .

"I was lucky to get you here," Rosalina said. "I'm glad you're okay. Or look to be okay."

"I'm fine," he said, still rapidly breathing. "How. . . how-"

"Once the water started pouring in, and chaos ensued, I had to use my wand and think of something fast. So I created a portal to walk through, and ended up in here," she explained. "I wasn't sure if I heard knocking or twisting on the knob. But I wasn't going to take the chance that it was nothing."

"So you . . .you opened it up?"

"Yes, I don't know where I'd be without this," she clutched her wand. "I used most of its power already tonight, it seems to be depleted. It won't be of use until it regains charge."

"Damn . . . And the door?" Waluigi asked, seeing that no water had even seeped in. He also realized he was somehow completely dry.

"My guess is that it was bounded by magic. This door must be a barrier of some kind," Rosalina said. "Must explain why you're completely dry, too,"

"Right," Waluigi said, getting to his feet. "Glad I can trust you."

"The least I could do," she smiled weakly. "I can only hope the others were just as fortunate. But I haven't seen them, though. We should look for them."

Suddenly, a loud shriek filled up the room, followed by constant bone-chilling screams.

"My god, is that Peach?" Waluigi gulped.

"That can't be good, come on!" she urged, running forward and out of the room.

Waluigi had no idea where they were, but he followed. Out of this room, into another hallway, take a right into a side room and-

"Oh my god!" Rosalina shrieked, her hands covering her mouth.

Waluigi arrived a moment later, and his jaw dropped at the sight.

Peach was laying face up on the ground in a storage room. She had a multitude of stab wounds in her chest and neck area. Blood was streaming out of these wounds, and a large pool of blood under her was being formed.

"Holy shit . . . this just happened," Waluigi mumbled, wide-eyed. "Who- who's out there?"

"Wario, Toad and Yoshi. And us." she answered shakily.

"Well it definitely wasn't us," Waluigi said. "I need to find Wario."

He glanced back at Peach's corpse, shuddering again. Suddenly, a quick gasp caused him to jump around.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Someone just ran by!" Rosalina shrieked, holding her chest. "I want to say it was Toad?"

She scurried out of the storage room, into the hall, checking both directions.

Waluigi got to the hall, but he didn't see anyone after looking in both directions.