Chapter 11

FINAL CHAPTER

~Rosalina had a bad feeling about this situation.

Sure, with Wario and Waluigi, they outnumbered Yoshi three-to-one, but he can be very unpredictable, she thought. And dangerous.

"Listen, you've already killed almost all your friends. . . just let us go and it can all be over," Rosalina pleaded.

Yoshi let out a sigh.

"I was hoping you wouldn't say that," he said, disappointed. "I didn't want to be the bringer of bad news."

Waluigi raised an eyebrow, exchanging a glance with Wario.

"I say we take you down," Wario cracked his knuckles. "We're gonna pummel you until there's a big red lump coming out of your head, just like in the cartoons."

Yoshi wasn't amused, who was staring at the floor in front of him. He tilted his head, cracking his neck a few times.

"Now!"

Wario, Waluigi, and Rosalina all charged toward the green dino. Just as they were about to reach him, he revealed a strange stick, wiggling it in such a way.

Wario was leading the group, and ran straight past the spot Yoshi had stood in, face-planting into the door.

He groaned as he rebounded from the impact, holding his head.

"Where'd he go?" Wario yelled.

Yoshi re-appeared on the other side of the conference room, right behind Toad's body, which still lay in the seat.

"How did you do that?" Waluigi asked in fear.

"Wasn't difficult," Yoshi said. "Got it from Kamek. I have to admit, it's an incredible device."

He then sent a beam straight to Wario, who reacted quickly by diving out of the way. The beam crashed into the door instead, turning it into pure drywall.

"Shit! There's no exit now," Waluigi said.

Before they knew it, another beam had been sent, this one landing on Wario, who disappeared upon impact.

"Where did he go?" Rosalina said, worried.

"I actually don't know," Yoshi admitted. "I'm still learning how to use this."

"Listen man, just . . . calm down," Waluigi started, trying to convince him.

Then, Rosalina remembered something important.

"Wait! Since you're the killer . . . you wrote that note we found outside. It was on the car, remember? It said, find out who I am and you can leave."

Yoshi's eyes grew wide.

"That you're right, that you're right," he crossed his arms, cocking his head slightly.

"Okay," Waluigi swallowed heavily. "Now let us go."

"I'm afraid that's not possible," Yoshi expressed. "I wouldn't want you to miss the show."

He pointed the stick towards both of them, with a short, skinny projectile landing next to their feet. It popped, emitting a light-green gas.

"What the-" Waluigi immediately lost control of himself, collapsing right before Rosalina, unconscious.

Rosalina tried running away from the spot, but she too inhaled the gas, and her vision went dark.

. . .

Rosalina regained consciousness; her head was spinning, and she couldn't see anything. Her whole body felt numb and asleep.