Chapter 7

~The group of Yoshi, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Peach, and Toad were making their way out, walking on the Bowser Castle path.

"Where even is Bowser at this point," Wario said. "I mean, the guy just shows up out of nowhere and then we don't hear from him again."

"As long as he's not here, I don't care," Yoshi shrugged.

The group made it to the dirt lot, which was where they had parked before entering the castle.

"That doesn't look good," Waluigi trailed off.

Each car had been totally wrecked, the wheels disassembled, the top smashed and caved in, and the doors broken off.

"Oh my god!" Rosalina shrieked. "Who would do this?"

"The gate is locked, too," Wario angrily shook the fence.

"Look, there's something pinned to the windshield," Yoshi murmured, next to one car.

The others gathered around while he picked up the small sheet of white paper. Yoshi read the note out loud slowly, which was written very sloppily and with blood.

"Nowhere to go now. . . Looks like we'll be playing a game."

Yoshi gulped and looked at the others before continuing.

"You'll be hunting me, I'll be hunting you. Find out who I am and you can leave. Don't find out. . . and you can't."

Yoshi kept glancing from the paper to the others, not knowing what to make of it.

Meanwhile, Peach got the shivers just from hearing that.

"What the hell does that mean?" Wario yelled. "How are we 'hunting' this person?"

"It probably means something like we're hunting for their identity," Rosalina figured. "It's saying if we don't solve this . . ."

"Stop, don't think like that," Peach jumped in. "We're gonna get to the bottom of this."

After hearing the note read, Waluigi began to feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I think it's time to go back inside," he said nervously.

"Wait," Rosalina noticed something. "It's got something else."

She peeled the paper off the windshield, which revealed a special item hidden beneath it.

"Woah, that has to be important," Toad whispered.

It was a small key, engraved with an elegant design, painted gold.

"Wonder where this goes to," Peach scratched her head. "Let's go back, it seems it's no use but to buy in to this twisted game."

"Doesn't look like we've got a choice," Rosalina sighed, tucking the key away.

The group reluctantly started walking back to the castle entrance. After a few moments however, things started to get suspicious.

"I feel like we're somehow being watched," Peach shook. "Am I crazy?"

"Yes. In fact, you are," Wario said bluntly. "There isn't a soul out here. We're fine."

Waluigi was near the back of the group when it sounded like a set of feet shuffling a good distance from him.

"Hey, let's move it, eh?" he said nervously.

The group remained at the same pace. A few moments passed, and the sound returned, along with some rustling in the bushes.

"Like quicker than that," he gulped.

"This atmosphere is giving me the creeps," Toad shivered. "I'm with Waluigi."