Chapter 8

~Yoshi had lead the group back through the castle. Currently, they were on their way to the security room, armed with a key.

"You sure it's this way?" Rosalina asked.

"Uh, yeah. I'm sure." Yoshi assured, a bit annoyed.

A few moments later, they arrived at the padlocked door.

"Alright let's get in there, see what we find," Waluigi said, signaling Yoshi to unlock the door.

Everyone stepped aside, letting Yoshi to the door. He lifted the key, which had the note on the side.

"Alright, let's see if this code actually works," he started poking at the keypad.

4
2
0
Enter

A green light flashed a few times before the door unlatched, opening slightly and resting ajar.

"It worked!" Rosalina whispered.

"Four-twenty. Nice," Waluigi added.

"I guess we should, um, go in," Peach hesitated.

"Alright," Yoshi exhaled, taking a few breaths.

Peach slipped past him, opening the door all the way.

"Wait, what are you doing!" he hissed.

"Umm, going in?" she asked. "What are YOU doing?"

"Hey!" Wario yelled. "Let's-"

He was interrupted by a shuddering, strange rumbling noise that pierced their ears.

"What was that?" Rosalina said, shocked.

"You sure that wasn't Wario's belly?" Toad snickered, who immediately received an elbow to the gut.

Suddenly, an audible click sounded, which caused the light around them to be swallowed up, leaving them in complete darkness.

"Was that supposed to happen . . ." Waluigi trailed off.

"I can't see anything!" Rosalina panicked.

"Come on now, it's just darkness . . .we're fine," Yoshi said nervously, trying to sound confident.

Just then, a buzz sounded from the intercom, which lined about every dozen ceiling tiles.

"I welcome our contestants to the final challenge," the same deep, disguised voice boomed.

Rosalina and Peach started screaming in fear.

"That means someone's gonna die!" Peach cried.

"Calm down . . . wherever you are," Wario tried to gain control.

"Who the hell is that?" Toad shook.

"Im afraid some of you will have an unfortunate demise. Who that will be . . . that'll be up to you."

Before Waluigi could say anything, a sharp noise sounded into his right ear, like a jet stream of water, he thought. Upon hearing that, he instantly turned to the source of noise. There was still no light, so he couldn't see anything sadly.

But something was up. Over the commotion and voices, he felt something very uncomfortable . . .

"Holy shit, is this water?" Waluigi called out.

"It is!" Toad squeaked. "What do we do?"

"Listen!" Wario yelled. "We-"

Waluigi couldn't distinctively make out anything after that. The constant pouring of water and splashing was too much. He yelled, but he couldn't even hear his own voice. Like he was standing right next to a waterfall.