Chapter 1: An unfortunate introduction

Summary:

While attempting to make a quick buck at the closing Liyue Market you happen to run into the least liked Harbinger even by his associates. The first thing you notice is his fair face and interesting hat, the first thing he notices is how easy it would be to use you to benefit his situation that night.

Could also be seen as a Childe/Reader but this mostly focuses on you and Scaramouche. There is smut on chapter 13! I will try to push out updates whenever I can!

Written before Inuzuma's release so if there is mistakes to the region or Scaramouche's backstory etc that's why!
____________________________________

Liyue was rather peaceful as you strolled through the marketplace, eyeing things you thought were nice. It was late and most shops had closed up, the crowd gone as well. If it wasn't for your money struggle you would have definitely have bought some items. In particular a beautiful necklace with a gorgeous glow to it. Now no one said anything about not stealing it. It was just sitting there calling out to you and kicking the table leg to have a pair of earrings drop to the floor to capture the shop owners attention was just what you wanted.

Your fingers just about grasped it too, just about. Well that was until a hand shot out and grabbed your wrist to stop you right in your tracks. You gasped as your eyes met a pair of grey eyes and you tried to pull away from the man who had held a harsh grip on you. The first thing you noticed was his attire, which was interesting. BUT his hat is what got you. It was almost too big for him but he strangely pulled it off. You examined him more and he was quite handsome, his face fairer than any you had seen.

"Well now being a thief gets you no where" he spoke with a smile and turned to look at the shop owner who was distracted with picking up the earrings before turning back to you "Don't you agree?"

"I wasn't-"

The handsome man's smile dropped for a second as he almost seemed annoyed for your painfully awful lies. "Save it and play along." He hissed before he put on a cheerful smile, his face relaxing with ease and rather too quickly.

You let your eyes take over to examine him more and you slightly blushed, he was indeed handsome. He seemed to notice you eyeing him and he returned his attention to you after waving down the shop owner you tried to steal from.

"Wait don't turn me in! Listen I don't-"

"I said save it you dumb bitch, I don't care for your excuses. Are you deaf? I said play along. And stop looking at me like that, it's creepy and fucking weird." Although his time was threatening his face was so kind and welcoming. This man was hella fake, you didn't like it.

The shop owner had just finished putting the earrings back on the display table before striding right towards you with a a scowl and seeping anger. "So much for the peace in Liyue tonight" you thought and tried to pull away from the mysterious man once more, but the grip he held on your wrist was slightly painful. You wondered if it would leave a bruise and your eyes met a smirk on face "Now now don't think you can merely walk away from this thief." The handsome man smirked putting on a act slightly shoving you towards the shop owner, announcing what you attempted.

The shop owner had finally reached you and grabbed your other wrist "Thank you for alerting me sir. I'll deal with her in my own way, millelith aren't required."

You gulped and desperately tried to pull away from both men and struggled "WAIT! I'm not a thief! I was simply setting the necklace back on the table! Besides a thief is someone who actually gets away with stealing, so either way I'm not exactly one!"

"Oh no, you're going to pay for trying to get the one up on me," the shop owner sneered "I'll make sure you pay, whether it be with mora or your body."

The man with the round hat turned to look at the shop owner "How much? I'll pay for it, consider it good will from the Fatui."