Chapter 18: Interesting feelings

Summary: Scaramouche runs into Childe while getting your food and has a quick catch up chat. Ekaterina visits you in the office to make sure you're alright

You and Scaramouche have a small fiddle and you both have conflicting feelings towards each other
____________________________________

Scaramouche steps echoed on the pavement or perhaps he was just blocking out the other sounds of Liyue. Either way the food he was holding in the bag from the restaurant smelled Devine, he couldn't even deny his stomach growling at the thought of the goods within.

"Scara!" He heard his fellow Harbinger call, his eye twitched and he was met with Childe.

"Could have sworn my full fucking name was Scaramouche but whatever."

"You don't mind when Y/N calls you Scara!" Childe huffed and shoved his hands into his pockets

Scaramouche shrugged and continued to walk past Childe. At first he hated that the ginger called him that around you because you picked it up. The way he would get pissed at you, want to slam your head into the pavement, shock you until you begged for him to stop, or even just kill Su to watch you cry until you wished for him to kill you too. But now he didn't mind it, you could call him that if you so pleased, if it pleased you to do so. Scaramouche never minded any of his names leaving your lips, in fact he loved it sometimes.

"What do you want Childe? I'm busy."

"You don't look busy, besides I just wanted to check in on you and Y/N," Childe exclaimed and began to follow behind his friend. "You didn't kill her did you?"

Scaramouche looked over his shoulder and arched a brow. Sending a obvious look to the ginger "Yes, I just bought all this fucking food for myself."

"Well I'm glad to see you two made it up I think? You really hurt her ya know?"

Scaramouche knitted his brows, it was obvious that his decisions weren't supposed to mean well towards you. They were to put you in your place and have you submit to him. But for some reason there was a pressure in his chest at the thought of you being hurt because of his decisions. He felt uneasy

"And I'm supposed to care why?" Scaramouche raised a brow and shot his fellow Harbinger a look. It was now Childe's turn to knit his brows "I guess you really shouldn't-"

"So why do you?" Scaramouche interrupted and stopped his pace, why was Childe so interested in your well being? Why did he care so much?

"Y/N is my friend. It's the least I can do for her."

There was some silence before Scaramouche doubled over In laughter, holding his stomach as he tried not to drop the bag that contained the food. Childe only crossed his arms and didn't join his fellow Harbinger in amusement

"I'm serious Scaramouche." Childe replied sternly and for once Scaramouche stopped mid laugh. It wasn't a joke? Tartaglia was being completely serious with him?

And at once Scaramouche's face grew dark and serious "You're serious?"

Childe nodded and continued to cross his arms at the shorter man. "I'm serious."

That wasn't at at all what Scaramouche was expecting from him. For a moment only the bustling sound of the Liyue market was heard. Scaramouche frowned "She hates us both you idiot! You are not her friend! Don't be do gullible and foolish!"

Childe smirked and to his pleasure Scaramouche noticed. Was the 6th Harbinger perhaps jealous? Jealous that you had gotten along with him better? After all you had willingly called Childe a friend and he called you one back. It seemed Childe was right, he was on better terms with you. At least in a better status