Chapter 36: Idiomatic

Summary: You and your husband arrive in Inuzuma however a familiar presence causes Kunikuzushi to reveal himself a little more. He wants something for reasons you don't exactly understand

You see her for the first time despite it being a quick encounter
____________________________________

Each step you took off the boat was beyond what you expected, it felt great to once more be on steady land. At once the breeze of Inuzuma hit you and made you take a deep breath as it swept by.

"You're enjoying yourself a little too much Y/N. It's only been like, what? Two days at most?" Scaramouche's voice spoke from behind as he walked behind you. His men were quick to start unloading the luggage off the ship and began to plan how to get it all to the estate safely.

"I've never been here is all." You spoke and narrowed your eyes "Let me enjoy myself."

Your husband huffed while rolling his eyes with a slight movement at the end of his lips. Almost as if he wanted to smile despite being annoyed "Whatever you say. We can explore later but for now let's just get past the check in part okay?"

The brush of his fingertips hit yours and gently Scaramouche took your hand into his.

"Promise?"

He planted a quick kiss onto your forehead while checking to see if his men would see. Thankfully they didn't. "I guess. Although I suppose I shouldn't make promises I can't keep." The Harbinger placed his lips near your ear "After all we need to see your mother remember? We didn't exactly leave on good terms."

That's right.... Su. You hadn't seen her since Scaramouche took her away. And now here you were married to the Harbinger and admitting your love for him. What would she think of you? Would she hate you for doing so?

"Hey," Scaramouche spoke and gave your hand a squeeze "Now is not the time to get cold feet and go back. Lets go."

When he took a step forward you hesitantly followed, watching how he kept an eye on you from the corner of his eye. He didn't seem disappointed with your uneasiness, but almost just as uneasy as you. Concerned maybe?

-

By the time you had reached the dock of where the check in lied you were a sweating mess. Droplets falling down your skin a frenzy and a breath caught in your throat

"Relax." Came Scaramouche's whisper, "This is the easy part of our day remember?"

Right. This was the easy part but holding yourself together at the moment wasn't. Your fists were clenched and you almost felt light headed. Was it another panic attack? Breaking down in front of Scaramouche was the last thing you wanted right now

"Papers?" Came a stern voice and you swallowed. Ah it was your turn

Scaramouche held the scroll out with a hand on his hip and offered a kind smile that you recognized immediately. That fake sly smile that always seemed to draw people in

It was so natural for him to fake kindness

"Here. This is Y/N and she is my wife as stated on the parchment."

The guard held the scroll and his eyes swang from side to side while examining the words. Stopping at the signatures below
"She is not a natural born citizen?"

"No." Scaramouche replied instantly, "She is not but she is still allowed to gain a citizenship within the city as my partner."

It was quiet for a moment as your husband and the guard had a stare off. Scaramouche's smile dropping as quickly as it came "I'm sorry is there a problem? I don't like being held up."