Chapter 20: Contract Finalization

⚠️THIS IS A NOTE FROM ME NOT RELATED TO THE STORY PLEASE SKIP IF YOU WISH TO READ THE STORY QUICKLY⚠️

hello hello! sorry for not posting chapters recently I forgot abt wattpad and didn't know what to do with this story but I figured it out now! I FINALLY decided to post a chapter (lmao) sorry for leaving u at the biggest cliff hanger aswell. also my tik tok is @whois_mona so follow me if you wish. that's all and I hope you enjoy the new chapter and thank you all for 13k reads!
____________________________________
Summary: You and Scaramouche have a conversation over the fact that there may be some feelings between you two.

However it leads to a decision that was to be thought of the better. Doesn't make it hurt any less
____________________________________

Scaramouche's eyes widened and his lips parted, but no sound came out. His mind was a scrambled mess, he never would have thought that warm feeling would be.... Affection. But it did make sense

All the times he would catch himself thinking of you or wanting you, all the times he wanted to protect you from anyone or anything else that could harm you, and just you. At first it nothing but lust but that he felt, lust to hurt you and watch you crumble. Then it turned into lust in general, there were times where he would just watch you sleep when he couldn't sleep himself. Improper thoughts would form and he would have to control himself

Then recently it had turned into this.... That damned warm feeling. The increased pace of his heart whenever you looked at him, called his name, touched him, kissed him, and just merely existed around him. It made him feel less irritated than usual, almost even happy.

"I...." Scaramouche began and let go of your cheek "I could care less about this ridiculous question." The Harbinger cleared his throat and tried to push himself up but you held him down the best you could. Both your legs were on each side of his hips and you sighed "But you aren't answering it Scaramouche."

"Hmm I wonder why?" He replied and you snatched his hand, intertwining your fingers with his "Please do-"

"Why?!" The Harbinger snapped and interrupted you "It's a dumb fucking question, you know what? Let me ask you a question Y/N."

Scaramouche ripped his hand away from yours and sneered "Why do you care if I answer or not?" He leaned up but allowed you to continue straddling his waist.

You winced when he held you down by the hips harshly "Do you love me? Is that why you're asking this? Do you want to hear me say it back?"

Blinking quickly you looked away, did you want to hear that? Maybe? The thought of it did make your heart quicken, but at the same time Scaramouche didn't deserve love. He was a complete monster but for some reason that didn't stop you for caring for him

"I don't know...." You replied and leaned back away from him, but Scaramouche sneaked a hand around to your back and pushed you back towards him. "You do know don't you? Don't lie to me."

You felt his thumb begin to rub small circles under your shirt on your back "Y/N look at me, do you want me to tell you?"

Shaking your head you refused to make eye contact "No because I know it would be a lie Scara, I won't force you to say anything."

The Harbinger hummed and leaned his head on your chest, he wanted to hear your heart beat now. It was awfully calm compared to his and he sighed "I definitely don't hate you Y/N, I just hate-"

"What I do to you Scara I know." You cut him off and brought your hands to rest within his hair, combing it between your fingers.

"Besides love isnt something I can do, it makes people weak. I am nothing of the sort." Scaramouche stated plainly and maintained eye contact