Tension....

I walked into the room where Light, L, Matsuda, and....Misa were. "(Y/N)!! You're okay!!" Matsuda exclaimed and I smiled. I saw a glare from Misa, but it was quickly replaced by a fake smile. I walked over to the other side of L and sat down.

 "Why the sudden seat change?" L asked. 

"I thought I'd get better lighting over," I gave a breathy laugh. "So, ummm. What's new with Akagi?" I asked, changing the subject.

 "We questioned him and he confessed to all the murders so he's currently in jail," L explained. 

"How long?" I asked. 

"Life," he replied. 

"Did he do anything else to you?" Light asked. 

"No," I said and it felt like I could feel Misa's glares. 

"Oh no! I'll be late for my photoshoot! I have to go, bye Light!" Misa said and I looked over to see her give Light a kiss. She walked off and waved. I got up and so did Light. He walked over to me. 

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to go get some lunch?" he asked. 

"S-Sorry Light, but no. I've been having a stomach ache," I lied and walked passed him out of the room and to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and splashed a little water on my face. I hate having to lie to Light, but I barely escaped that one incident. I don't know if I could escape Misa if she were to be the second Kira. I sighed. 

"What did I get myself into?" I whispered to no one in particular. I heard a knock that made me jump.

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Matsuda asked. A sigh of relief escaped my lips. 

"Uh, Yeah. I'm fine," I said. 

"Okay. If you ever need anything, just let me know," Matsuda said. 

"Okay, thanks," I said. I walked out of the bathroom and saw Matsuda across the bathroom, waiting. "Why are you waiting?" I asked. 

"I just thought I'd be nice and escort you back," he replied. He looked kind of sad. 

"What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Nothing. Why?" he asked. 

"Matsuda, you're an open book. What's wrong?" I asked. He hesitated before sighing. 

"I just feel...worthless," he admitted. 

"Matsuda, that isn't true," I reassured. 

"Easy for you to say-" he began. 

"Matsuda," I interrupted.

 "What?" he asked.

"You are not worthless. Name something you did to help the force," I said. 

"Well, it's not much but I arrested Akagi and kept tabs on him," he said. 

"See? You made sure he didn't cause harm to anyone else. You made sure he didn't try to escape. That's something," I acknowledged. He smiled. 

"So, don't think that you are worthless okay? Don't try to compare yourself to anybody. Be happy with who you are," I smiled and he returned the smile. "Let's go," I said and he gave a short nod and we walked back to the room. I took my seat next to L, but he was eating something strange. It was like a blue-ish gummy. 

"What is that?" I asked. 

"Blueberry Mochi," he replied. I kept looking at it. There were three on the plate. "You seem intrigued. Do you want to try it?" he asked and I looked at him with a surprised expression. 

"Uh, Sure," I replied and grabbed one. I took a bite and ate it.

"Eww!! It's so gross!!" I exclaimed and put it back on his plate. He chuckled. Chuckled....wow. "W-What?" I asked. 

"Nothing," he smiled and I blushed a light pink and smiled. I glanced at Light and thought I saw a glare, but it changed when I blinked. Maybe I imagined it?