-Bonus- Why Choose? (Both)

The sound of the fountain is pretty relaxing. I give out a shaky sigh and sit on the ledge of the fountain. Looking at the reflective water, I graze my fingers on the surface. I'm not sure how they will react to this. They might just laugh, leave, or both. I never thought in a million years I would be in this type of situation. 

The sun is setting, they should be here soon. I look in the distance and see two small dark figures walking towards me. My heart rate quickens with each step they take. When they get about 10 feet away from me, I hold up my hand for them to stop where they are. I stand up and straighten out my sundress.

"You seem kind of pale, are you okay?" Light asks, concerned and takes a step forward. I hold up my hand again and he takes a step back.

"You're nervous," L states. Not as a question but as a positive observation. I chuckle lightly.

"Observant, and correct, as usual L. Well, since you're both here I might as well get to the point of it," I take a deep breath and mumble to myself, "Carpe diem."

I look at both Light and L and nervously play with my fingers. If I don't tell them now then the answer will always be no, even if they actually will verbally say no. Well, here goes nothing.

"I care for both of you very much. You both have been so kind to me and I enjoy being around you. But I can't choose between you two. I guess you could say...I 'love' both of you. I know it's really crazy and if you both want to leave then I don't blame you. I'll move within the month and you'll never have to see me again-"

Light holds up his finger to shut me up. I do so and wait for their response. Seconds go by and then minutes. It feels like forever and my anxiety continues to build. They look at each other and give one another a subtle nod. Light turns to me with a smirk. 

"We will give it a try. What can go wrong? We all get what we really want in the end, don't we?" He asks and walks up to me. He kisses my neck.

"Perhaps...you'll be...sweeter...than cake," L whispers in my ear.  I gasp.

"And maybe...just maybe the competition will be...exhilarating. Maybe then you will choose one of us. Unless, of course, this turns out to be more exciting than I think," I can hear Light's smirk in his voice as his breath tickles the base of my neck.

"M...Maybe," I breathe. We can't do this, it's in a public place. I want to say that. But I can't bring my lips to move as L places his hands on my hip and is kissing my ear. A rustling of leaves caused by a bird snaps me out of my trance.

"We can't do this. Not here," I state, my voice coming out more assertive than I really feel.

Light chuckles and takes a step back. L hugs me and steps back as well. I can feel my cheeks are hot and my heart is still pounding from what happened.

"Shall we?" L asks as he begins walking, Light following him.

"W-wait! What do you mean?" I ask, jogging to catch up with them.

"Well if we are going to test this out we have to go somewhere private, correct?" L asks.

"Y-yes...you're right. We can go to my place," I suggest.

"I know, where do you think we are headed?" L asks rhetorically. We get into a black car that Watari showed up in. The drive to my place is quick and quiet but I can feel the tension between us. A good kind of tension.

Once we are inside my apartment Light quickly shuts the door and locks it in the process. I walk over to my couch and plop down on it and stare at the ceiling. I feel hands on my shoulders as they massage me and another set of hands massaging my legs.

"You're not tired, are you?"Light whispers in my ear.

"Not at all. Just...nervous," I admit. 

"Just relax," L says and kisses my calf and Light kisses my earlobe. I close my eyes. Perhaps this may end up being a competition between the two. But who says the competition can't be enjoyable. Who knows, maybe this could work out? Though, in the end all three of us know that only one could truly feed my needs. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. A long way from now....