Funeral

Dedicated To torirose4444 for always voting. Thank you.
-------------------------

The car stopped and I looked out the window to see it was sprinkling. It always seemed to be raining on funerals. Watari was driving and he got out. L got out and opened the door for me. I stepped out and Light walked over to me. "Ready?" He asked. Everyone, including L, wore black. It was strange to see L dress nice for once. Light on the other hand never had a problem with it.

I nodded and we walked to the front where our seats were reserved at sat. There were a lot of people here. For some reason I could feel their cold stares, as if they blamed me for what happened.
"The police say that the girl....what was her name? (Y/N)? Said it was a heart attack. I think since she's close friends with some of the force, that she told them it was a heart attack. The nerve she has to show up," I heard a girl whisper.

"Really? I guess it would make sense, she could have been envious of Misa," another girl whispered back.

I looked down at my hands that held a single rose which rested on my black dress. I couldn't believe that some people would actually jump to that far of a conclusion. I mean they should know that if it was a murder, there would have been something like I don't know....evidence?! I sighed. So much for a flawless reputation, huh?

"You okay?" Light whispered.
"Hm? Yeah I'm fine," I lied. Maybe after a while it won't be so bad. All Misa wanted....was to not be lonely. I guess she thought only Light could fill in that gap.

I looked around to see that the chairs and the whole service was under a tent. I guess I was too lost in thought to actually realize that. We sort of came to the service late, but that's what I wanted.
"Why do want to go late?" Light asked
"Because I don't want people who jump to conclusions to verbally or maybe even physically attack me. I don't mean to sound selfish because I really do want to pay my respects," I quickly explained.
"Don't worry, you'll have Matsuda, Watari, L, and me," Light reassured.

"Do you want to go up there?" Light asked snapping me back to reality. I stood up and walked over to her closed coffin and laid the rose on top of the other ones. I started to walk back when a hand grabbed my arm. I looked over to see it was the same guy that looked at me on the night of the accident.

"Don't think you're going to get away with this very easily. It's pretty easy to suffocate someone and blame it on heart failure," he whispered.

"Well to know that, you must have had some experience with it," I whispered back. He shot a glare at me.

"Working with the police, you kinda have to know that," he snapped.

"Well, you should also know that there was no evidence of a murder," I snapped back and yanked my arm away from him. Light came up to me and looked at the guy.

"Is there a problem, Akio?" Light asked.

"Other than the fact that you believe in her lie? No," the man replied and left, bumping into my shoulder as he passed.

"Let's just go," I said and walked out of the tent. On my way out I caught a few glares. It stopped raining, so I walked over to a tree and leaned against it. Light soon joined me.

"What's everyone's problem?" I asked, looking up at him.

He sighed before answering, "A while back, something like this happened. There was girl named, Harumi, was extremely jealous of another girl, Katsumi. So one night Harumi followed Katsumi on her way home. She went up behind her, put a bag over her face, and killed her. She didn't hide the evidence very well, so she was easily caught a week later. She blamed it on Katsumi having a heart attack," Light said. It was a little silent until I broke it.

"But they said that I said she had a heart attack, but I didn't" I mentioned.

"It's easy for the police and the news to get facts like that mixed up. The autopsy showed she had one," Light explained. I noticed L wasn't around.

"Where's L?" I asked.

"He had to call Watari to come pick us up," he replied. I looked down.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "I mean about Misa's death," I added.

"I'm more shocked than anything," Light said.

My heart raced at the question I wanted to ask. "Light-" I got cut off by Watari's car pulling up. L just now walked out of the tent. We all got in the car and drove back to the station.

Once we arrived we got out and went inside. Light grabbed my wrist and L and Matsuda looked back. "Go ahead, we'll catch up," Light said and Matsuda went. L kind of glared but reluctantly went.

"What were you going to say at the funeral?" Light asked. I averted my eyes to the wall. This scene was all to familiar.

"Wait do you mean?" I asked.

"(Y/N).....Tell me," he said and I looked down.

"D-Did you love Misa?" I asked as my face began to feel hot. Silence fell and my heart began to race. Maybe he did. I'm so stupid! And besides.....what about L?

"No," he finally answered. I quickly looked up at him, confused.

"I...never have really. But ever since recently, I've had my eye on someone else," he said. I didn't want to ask, but I forced myself to.

"Who?" I asked, waiting for him to say someone other than-

"You," he said. My face instantly heated up.

"M-Me?" I asked and he leaned in a little.

"Yes, you," he whispered and closed the space between our lips. I kissed back and wrapped my arms around his neck as he placed his hands on my waist. I heard the door open.

"Is everything okay?" L asked and I immediately jumped back. I looked at him with a blushing face. He looked a little pained. And I glanced at Light, only to see a smirk form on his lips.

"Wait! L! It's not what it looks like!" I exclaimed.

"Not what it looks like?" Light asked.

"No that's not what I meant!!" I exclaimed.

"Right," Light muttered and walked down a hall somewhere. L still had a pained expression, but walked back into the room. I sighed. This needs to be settled. There was a desk in the lobby that we were in so I walked over to it. Nobody worked here so I grabbed a pen and paper.

Light and L,

Meet me by the park nearest the station at 6:30 tomorrow night. I'm sorry for what I did to both of you, and if you want to know who I'll choose, I'll be there. I don't want to play this game anymore and I'm sure you don't either.

Sincerely,
(Y/N)

I walked into the room and over to Matsuda. "Please give this note or read this note to both of them," I whispered and gave the letter to him. He nodded and I left. I sighed. Now I had to make the hardest decision ever. I had to choose between Light or L.

-----
A/N
Wow that was a long chapter! Well, like I said there will be two different endings. Thank you for reading! Comment, vote, or whatever. Bai! ^.^