Awkward....

I walked into the room where the group was. I took the bandages off last night because they were annoying. I was surprised at how fast they healed. 

"Hey (Y/N)," Light greeted. I smiled and gave a short nod and walked over to where L was sitting. I saw a small green layered cake. 

"So, what's on the menu today?" I asked. 

"Pandan cake. I'm 85% sure that you want to try it," L said as if reading my mind. I gave a nod and he pushed the plate over to me. "You can have it," he said and I gave a small blush. I picked up the fork and tried a bite. 

"Wow, this is really good!! Do you not like it?" I asked. 

"It isn't bad. I just prefer something else," L replied. I ate the rest of the cake and he looked over. "Seems as if your wounds are healing," L stated. 

"Oh, yeah," I said. "So, any leads on the Kira case?" I asked. 

"Not really. The only strange thing is that Kira just suddenly stopped," L said. 

"That is kinda strange. Kira is at least killing one person a week if not two weeks," I said and L placed his thumb on his bottom lip. He kept his eyes glued to the screens. Sometimes I wondered what went through that mastermind of his. I don't think I could ever imagine him thinking about a girl. I mean I doubt he'd return the same feelings I did. Maybe Light didn't feel the same way either. I mean he has Misa. 

"Is something the matter?" L asked. 

"N-No. Nothing is wrong. Everything is fine!" I smiled and gave a nervous laugh. He raised an eyebrow but returned his gaze back to the screens. Plus it would be really hard to tell if L liked anyone anyways. He's so stoic and impossible to read. I shook my head. Me and my thoughts.

~*~

"Bye!" I waved and walked out of the room and to my apartment. Yet still, I can't stop thinking about those two. Now that I think about it. I can't tell who I like more. This could be a problem if they happen to like me back.

Light's POV

This is the second day (Y/N)'s avoided me. I hate how close she's getting with L. "I don't know what your doing, but (Y/N) will be mine," I stated. 

"Don't be too sure of yourself, Light. From what I know, she's been avoiding you. And to answer your unasked question, I have nothing to do with it," L said. Pretty soon, he won't have anything to do with it.