Chapter 18

"A birthday message to his grand-niece, Walda

"A birthday message to his grand-niece, Walda." Robb informed the group as he read the note Theon had given him from a crow he took down. "That's what Walder Frey wants you to think." Theon pointed out to him and Senna nodded in agreement. "All right. Keep shooting them down. We cannot risk Walder Frey sending any of our movements to the Lannisters." Catelyn said to Theon who gave her a firm nod.

"I cannot fathom the idea. He's grandfather's banner men and we can't expect his support?" Robb questioned out loud to the group. "It's not a surprise knowing his reputation." Senna added and Umber nodded in agreement with her. "Wait. Look." Senna said pointing out to the two men riding to their direction with white flags.

"Father rots in a dungeon...And I have to find a way to cross this bridge which should be a simple task, yet here I am. Waiting. Father hasn't got long until they take his head." Robb said in frustration as Senna looked over to the bridge wishing that it would be simple to cross a bridge. She knew Walder's reputation and that she expected nothing out of him, she hated standing there without a solution. Senna also knew that if Robb lost his father, he would be completely heartbroken and seek vengeance for him which is a dangerous thing.

"Remember, my sweet. Revenge is something that will kill you. If you go down the journey of it, dig not one—but two graves. One grave for your foe and the other...For yourself." Senna could hear her father's word echo in her head. The same revenge journey her uncle was making is one she wished Robb would never make.

"You should just march up and inform him of your crossing. You know we've got five times the numbers he has. If you wanted to, you could have the Twins." Theon suggested to him and Senna shook her head. "No. We do not have the luxury of wasting a battle on Walder Frey. Tywin Lannister is already marching north with his men." She countered and Catelyn nodded then stared at the bridge. "You're right, we do not have the luxury." Robb responded to her and sighed.

"Have my horse saddled and ready." He said to Theon. "Are you mad?" Senna quickly questioned and they all looked towards her, Robb was confused. "You really believe that once you go inside he will let you go?" She asked him and he licked his lips pondering. "My father would do everything in his power to march these men through this bridge. Everything. And if I can't do something as simple as bargaining, then it should be me in that dungeon...Not him." He responded to her and she sighed looking into his eyes. "Yes, you're right. Your father would do everything, but he would not waltz in there. You have to be smarter than Walder Frey." She explained to him and he inhaled deeply then cleared his throat.

"That is why I will go." She added and all of their eyes widened. "You cannot!" Theon said to her and she crossed her arms. "And have my wife be used as a pawn? He'll lock you up and sell you to the Lannisters." Robb argued and she shook her head shifting on her feet. "And it cannot be you. If you are taken hostage, we will lose and I...I need you to live. Not just for me. For everyone." She said whispering her last words and his brows furrowed in confusion.