Chapter 1

"You're sending me to Winterfell for what reason?" Senna asked her father who sat across from her

"You're sending me to Winterfell for what reason?" Senna asked her father who sat across from her. "The King want us to-" His daughter scoffs and stood up, some days she would just be so frustrated with her father, he was very lenient.

"What more does the king want from us?" She questioned pacing, she watched her feet being careful she wouldn't step on her dress. "The Stark's need to marry their eldest son. You being married to one of them will introduce us into a better state, for our home." He explained, she stopped and looked at him with brows raised. "Marry who?" She dare to ask.

"Robb Stark." He answered, she slumps back onto her seat and scrunched her brows. "I do not see how me being married to a Stark is helping our home." She pointed out, he chuckled and smiled. "King Robert has made it clear after the Rebellion, we have to show loyalty to them and you being married to a northerner will help us secure that guarantee since he is close to the Starks." Senna stood up again then walked towards the door to look out to the garden.

"The King approved of this." He added for assurance, the girl sighs and crossed her arms.

"You are better trained than most ladies, you are also disciplined." Her father pointed out and she forced a laugh. "Yes, you made sure of that." Said Senna, she turns to look at him with a stern face and he looks back at her, he knows his daughter too well.

"I never wanted any of this...I never wanted to be a soldier, you and my uncle have scarred me in many ways!" She said angrily. "And would you have rather ended up like your aunt? Raped, skull crushed and split in half because you couldn't fight!" Her father retorted, she wipes the tear that managed to fall and he sighed. "Your uncle and I taught you to fight to give you a chance. Not many fathers will give their daughters that chance." He added, he inhaled deeply and offered her his hand.

"Please." He begged her as she just stared at it.

"Senna." He called. She blinked and walked towards him, then grabbed his hand. "I don't want your legacy to be the same as Elia's." Said Doran, her father, she kneeled before him and held his hand with both of hers.

"You are the strongest, bravest and wittiest girl I've ever met, and I'm glad your uncle trained you when I couldn't bare the pain." He said and cupped her cheek. "I know in people's eyes I seem like a coward, but I'm doing what's best to keep this family alive." He explained. "I'm sorry father, I just...I don't fear being alone." Senna spoke.

"I fear of leaving you alone." She added, he shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment.

"I wish I was as a brave as you or your uncle." He pointed out to her and this time she shook her head. "Father, everyone is brave, not all bravery is the same." She reassured him. "Bravery lives in all of us and sometimes doing nothing could be a hard thing to do. And I'm sorry, for being difficult." She apologized, he gestured for her to get up and pulled her in for an embrace as she sat on his lap.