Chapter fifteen: miracle

Third person POV:

As Kurt approached Portman, he kept his eyes on the man, looking for any sort of weapons he could use. He dropped a vase at a knife-holder which hit the floor with a loud bang, most of the sharp cutlery falling between the fridge and the kitchen counter. He didn't have a gun at him, he would have used in earlier.

What he could quickly grab was a spoon, almost hitting Kurt on the head with it. He barely but could lean away from the hit.

Not like Portman. He got a powerful swing right in the face, his nose cracking loudly. Blood began oozing from it as Kurt pushed the man tightly against the fridge. His brown gaze shone in a malicious light, almost as if he was hungry to finally let out the animal that he kept hidden because he wanted to change. As if this little animal was left inside, waiting for the moment to break free.

Now it had the opportunity to do so. Kurt claimed so much energy from the anger that Portman totally shocked, hissing as the pain stabbed into his broken nose.

"What did you do to her?!" Kurt growled right into the bleeding face. He pushed on arm against his throat, limiting the oxygen.

Portman wriggled, fighting for air. "You'll never get that out of me, ferret"

This made Kurt even more mad. He pushed the man more, his movement in sync with Hazel and Maverick entering the room. The girl ran to her sister, tears bursting out as she saw Marcy, an agonizing cry flying into the sky. Kurt's heart broke hearing this – the only thought he had was Marcy. "You can choose the worse way, I don't care... I'll kill you if that's what will save Marcy"

Sergej felt it was his turn before Kurt would do anything rash. He carefully put one hand on Kurt's shoulder, hoping to pull him back from the clouded state. "We won't do anything plus for ourselves if we kill him"

Kurt's eyes couldn't hold back the tears anymore. They just bursted out, flowing free. He let Sergej take Portman, not facing any of them. He stepped back, staying close just in case the rotten man wants to escape.

The Russian gave Portman a powerful hit, so powerful that it sent him onto his knees. Sergej used this opportunity to step behind him, taking out hand- and legcuffs. He clicked them to their deserved places, his voice strict as he took out some sort of ID card, showing it to Portman's broken face, causing everyone to drop their mouths low.

"From now on, I, Sergej Antonov FBI agent put you under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

The air felt as if it froze after Sergej's words. Everyone was caught off guard, not knowing what to say. They clearly didn't expect Sergej turning out as a hidden, built-in FBI agent instead of a simple guard.

Portman was the first who said anything, his face pressed against the floor. He grumbled. "Clever, the FBI. I guess it was the USNMA sending you to babysit Marcy and Kunkle, right?"

"They knew about your background and past, Portman. They aren't fools" with that, Sergej took out his phone, handing it to Kurt. "Call the police for me, alright?"

Kurt nodded, still shocked of the discovery. He called them immediately, explaining the situation in details, giving names and the state of Marcy as well. When the call ended, he shared the news with the others. "They'll arrive soon. They'll also send ambulance for Marcy"

Marcy.

Everyone looked at the beautifully sleeping girl, an empty insulin injection lying by her side. While fighting with Portman, Hazel and Maverick had injected the injection to Marcy, hoping it'll help her.