| CHAPTER 16 |

"Kim Seokjin and his wife Kim Jieun," Mark answered, leaving you stunned

What are they doing here? Are they going to cause another scene? This office holds your professional reputation—did Jieun really get so offended that she came to confront you here?

A million thoughts raced through your mind, anxiety bubbling up.

"Y/N?" a familiar voice snapped you out of your daze. You turned to see Jackson standing at the door, looking confused. You'd completely forgotten you'd called him here—at least now you had some backup.

"Jackson, come here," you gestured to him to sit beside you on the chair. Feeling a little more grounded in his presence, you turned back to Mark and said firmly, "Send them in."

Mark nodded, and as he left to bring Seokjin and Jieun in, you exchanged a quick glance with Jackson. He raised an eyebrow in return.

"Kim Seokjin?" Jackson asked, clearly confused. "Kim Seokjin from our school's café? Namjoon's older brother?" His confusion deepened as he added, "What's he doing here, and who's Jieun?"

You sighed inwardly. This was not the time for a full explanation. "I'll tell you later," you muttered.

But Jackson wasn't letting it go. "No! Tell me now, Y/N... What is Namjoon's brother doing here?" His insistence only made the situation more uncomfortable.

You shot him a pleading look, silently begging for him to drop it, just for now. He stared back at you for a moment before understanding, reluctantly moving his chair closer to yours. He took your hand under the table, giving it a reassuring squeeze, his silent way of saying he had your back.

"Y/N...?" Seokjin's voice pulled your attention toward the doorway. He stood there hesitantly, looking nervous, his wife Jieun just behind him. The tension in the air thickened as they entered the room, and you braced yourself for whatever confrontation was about to unfold.

You swallowed, forcing a neutral expression as you greeted, "Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, please have a seat."

"