The Eternal Idol- Eddie Munson (Stranger Things)

pair: gn! reader and eddie munson
summary: goody two shoes reader gets caught shoplifting and eddie has to pick them up but turns out reader was trying to lift the newest black sabbath record for eddie's birthday that they didn't have money for
genre: angst mostly, fluff
requested? yes!
warnings: shoplifting (?), police in general, getting arrested, eddie being the person you call lmfao, cheek kisses, eddie pulling out every nickname known to man
a/n: uhhhhhhhhhh not been feeling great lately but hey here's this sorry if it seems wonky it was written in several different sittings and i edited it real quick so if there's mistakes i apologize

Your hands shake as you enter the store. You look over the expansive collection of vinyl records and the faces of rockstars on posters, and the few guitars that hang off the wall. You flick your eyes over to the older man behind the counter who doesn't even lift his head at your presence. You rub your hands together, trying to calm yourself down. You can't already look this suspicious! Calm down! Despite your commands, you remain helplessly anxious.

You try to calm yourself and act as casually as possible while feeling on fire. You walk the expanse of the store, run your fingers over records, and admire the handsome men and women decorating the walls. You round the metal section a few times, eyeing the newest Black Sabbath record. It's perfect! It was what you came in here for anyway, but it looked different up close; it looked like a statuette Indiana Jones would steal. And it felt like you were Indiana Jones. (Unfortunately for you, you're not as slick). 

Shoplifting wasn't as easy as one of your friends had made it out to be and besides, this was your first time doing so. And stealing a whole record rather than a cassette wasn't your best choice. It happened all so fast. You slipped the record into your jacket, stepped out of the shop, and when you got that brief relief, you were grabbed by the old man at the counter. Shit! Shit! Shit! This wasn't how it was supposed to go! Fuck! The old man tugs you inside, nearly gripping his fingers into your flesh as he guides you into some dank backroom. He presses on your shoulder making you fall against a worn leather couch. 

"Where's the record, kid?" 

Defeatedly, you reach into your jacket and hand it over. "I'm sorry," You mumble hanging your head. 

The old man takes the record and hums, barely looking in your direction. He takes the phone off the wall and you assume he's calling the police.

Well, this fucking sucks. All you can feel are rapid waves of heat running up your spine and tears pricking at your eyes. You barely ever get into trouble. Just being yelled at could make you sob for hours. Your brain is more or less blank, adrenaline pumping through your blood as your heart keeps beating out of your chest. Really all you can do is sit there silently waiting to get picked up by the police. At least the old man isn't freaking out on you, you guess.

---

It goes further downhill from there. An officer comes and puts you in cuffs while tears streak your cheeks; the cuffs are cold, tight, and painful. Your heart still beats out of your chest, beating so loudly you can just barely make out the officer's voice. It's like your body's on high alert but you can't move and your muscles are far stiffer than they should be and your head is pounding with the pumping of blood through it. You're disorientated throughout the whole ordeal, just managing to walk straight as the officer leads you to his cruiser.

You're shoved inside a bit harshly and your elbows crash into the hard plastic of the backseat. The door is slammed shut and the force from it reverberates throughout your body. Your cuffs dig deep into your skin as the car starts up and you're jostled against the hard and cold plastic seat. You groan and close your eyes as tears well up again, this time with a renewed vengeance. The tears sting as they prick at your eyes and you can't help but feel a little stupid over crying about this but then again, you don't know what to do and you've never been in trouble with the law; this is terrifying.