Bonding Over Trauma

Apollo buzzed with excitment and anxiety in the backseat of Franziska's convertible. Gregory was in the backseat with him, talking with the german woman about his upcoming bar exam. The young boy was pretty excited to meet Phoenix Wright. The defense attorney was his idol, he watched all of his cases. He thought he was amazing, the way he managed to turn cases around in pursuit of the truth. He wanted to be a lawyer just like him.

After a short ride, they arrived at an apartment complex near People Park. Franziska spoke with the guard at the entrance and flashed her visitor's pass. Then after the barrier went up, she drove inside the parking lot and parked her car. Franziska and Gregory led him inside and up one floor.

"As a warning, Mein Bruder has a dog. She has a terrible habit of tackling people, so don't get frightened, alright?" Apollo nodded at the german woman and she opened the door. Just on cue, Pess ran at them and tackled the prosecutor. "Pess! Down! Down you flauschiges Biest!" After getting the dog off of her, Franziska wiped the dog drool from her face. "This is why I prefer cats."

Apollo chuckled lightly as he pet Pess. They led him inside and left him in the living room while Franziska went to wash her face and Gregory went to change in his room. Apollo took a seat on the couch where he remained unmoved. This was his one chance to not get stuck in the foster system for all of eternity and he wasn't about to blow it by being noisy. He waited patiently until Mr. Gregory returned from his room. His sticker filled walking cane clinked on the floor as he approached. He smiled kindly as he regarded the boy.

"You know, you don't have to be so tense, relax. You can look around if you want."

Apollo blushed slightly. "Ah, I...didn't want to be a bother."

"You're not a bother Apollo. I don't know what kind of foster parents you had before, but it'll be different here. You're safe."

Apollo still looked pensive, but nodded.

"How about you help me with dinner? We're waiting for someone to come over tonight and I would love some help with the food."

"Oh! Of course Mr. Edgeworth, I'd love to help!"

"Call me Greg. Mr. Edgeworth is a bit of a mouthful, don't you think?"

"Right...Mr. Greg."

Gregory sighed fondly. "I'll take it. Now, do you know how to peel potatoes?"

"I think so..."

"Great! Then let's get started!"

...

About two hours later, the front door burst open as a voice proclaimed that: "The Great Thief Yatagarasu and the Best Prosecutor have arrived!" Mr. Gregory sighed fondly when he heard, while Miss Franziska left the kitchen to greet them. The trio had been waiting in the kitchen for the food to cook.

"Kay Faraday, Sebastian Debeste, about time you two showed up!" said Franziska.

"Sorry Miss Franziska, we got caught up in the traffic." said Sebastian.

"Public transport really sucks at this hour." said Kay.

"I see..."

"Well now that that's out of the way...Where is he? Can I see him?" said Kay.

"He is not a dog, Faraday." said Franziska rolling her eyes fondly. "But yes, you may see him. He's in the kitchen."

"Great! Come on Sebby, let's say hello!" and then she dragged the prosecutor into the kitchen.