nine

BILLIE - 2 months later
I let out a sigh as I put my keys in my bag and put my earphones on while gett on the elevator, I give the lady a smile while opening my messages from ash.

I smile when I see the song suggestion before going to play the song, every morning ash sends me a morning text seeing I'm an hour behind with the time zones, every now and then she gives me a song to listen to.

sometimes it's during the day, if she would hear a song and tell me to listen to it and why. it's so cute and means more than she probably realizes.

I put the song on repeat as I step out of the elevator and start my walk to work, the days seem to repeat themselves and go so slow these days.

I smile when a similar ring tone rings through my ears, I slide the bar over to accept the FaceTime call, "what do I owe this surprise?" I ask glancing at my screen.

ash smiles while laying on her couch, "nothing much, I just wanted to company you on your walk since I'm not going to work this morning" she says making me roll my eyes with a smile.

"well thank you, it's definitely a great way to start my day" I smile turning into the coffee shop and order my usual coffee.

"I sent you a package, which you should receive sometime today and I want you to call me when you open it" ash tells making making me smile.

"I will do so but may I ask what it is?" I ask paying for the coffee and stand aside, I look down at my phone at ash laying with her hand on her forehead.

the ring suits her.

"nope, you'll have to wait" she smiles, I roll my eyes with a big smile as I receive my coffee and thank the barista before getting out to continue my walk.

"what do you have planned for today?" I ask ash watching her move around her apartment.

"I have a meeting sort of thing later but besides that nothing" she shrug, i nod using my name tag to scan in before letting out a sigh while making my way to the back.

"okay, I've got to go, we'll talk?" I ask ash, she nods making me smile, "alright, I love you" I tell her.

"I love you mama"

"I love you too ash"