twelve

BILLIE - 3 months later.
"I miss you so much, I promise I will come and see you soon" I tell ash softly, almost in a whisper as I press the phone against my ear.

"I miss you too" she tells me, I can almost hear the smile on her face. "I don't think you understand me when I say I miss you because I miss you so fucking much" I tell her.

she chuckles and stays quiet, letting the comfortable silence lingers before she talks again. "I think I do understand" she tells me making me smile.

I put down my brush and lean down on the chair with the phone pressed against my ear, I let out a sigh as I listen to her soft breathing. my boss walks in the room making me sit up, "I'm gonna call you back ash" i tell her.

I hang up giving him my attention, he gives me a smile while nodding me over to his office, I let out a sigh as I clean myself up to the best I can and follow him.

"I heard you weren't happy with your job" he seat taking a seat, I nod sitting across him, "is that true?" he asks seeming to be hiding a smile.

"the job is great, it's just a matter of not feeling content in this city"

"why didn't you say? I wouldn't want my artists unhappy, I want them in their best state while making their art" he says with a small smile.

"work is work sir and it is what I signed up for" I say with a small laugh.

"true but you didn't have to, you're a great artist billie. you don't need us, we need you" he says pointing at me, "I had a phone call last night and your contract is off" he says making my eyes widen.

"we would still love to work with you billie but I think you have someone waiting for you in New York" he tells me making progress me shoot up from my chair and it falls over on the process.

"shit I'm sorry" I mutter putting it back in place, "did she pay fo-" before I could finish the sentence, he gave me a nod making my eyes widen.

breaking the contract was half a million.

"billie, I think she's waiting" he tells me when he sees me stuck, "right- ah thank you so much" I tell him and rush out while pulling out my phone to dial ash.

"Asher Miller!" I say with a squeal as soon as she answers, "baby, what the fuck" I ask her as tears well up in my eyes.

"I was tired of missing you, I don't think I can spend more time apart from you" she tells me making me laugh while wiping my tears.

"ash that was a lot of money"

"I don't care about that, I need you to come home" she tells me making me roll my eyes as I wipe my tears that keep coming.

"okay, okay, fuck" I laugh packing my things as quick as I can, "I'm coming home baby" I tell her as I put down my phone to pick up everything and run out to start packing.

"I'll see you as soon as possible" I tell her hang up.

fuck yes.