Jasmine?

Tw: Animal death, based on a true story, lots of crying

Takes place after the movie, they have phones and it happened when Camilo and Mirabel were 8 (all other ages were the same)

Camilo pov
You all know the story when Casita almost fell. But you don't know what happened after. As you probably expected, our family came closer and talked more about our issues and problems.

What you probably didn't expect is that we adopted a dog. We named her Jasmine. She had gorgeous brown eyes and was an adorable husky. She wasn't a normal husky though; she never gained the black part of her fur. Her fur was as white as snow. She was kind to everyone she met, and was a bundle of sunshine. Everyone she ever met loved her.

The first year of her life, she refused to potty train. She was super stubborn, but she was also super smart. She knew when I had nightmares, and was always there for me when it happened. I never understood how she knew I needed her when I did, but she knew. She was the smartest dog anyones ever seen.

We had spent almost 9 years with her.

On her eighth year, she was diagnosed with arthritis in her back left leg. So when we started getting a lot slower and eating less, we just blamed her age and her leg. We never expected it to be way worse.

We came home from a long day of helping the village when I was going to let her go potty. She just laid there in the living room while I called her name. She wagged her tail loudly, as usual, but this time she didn't turn her head to see me. I called her name again.

"Cami, is everything alright?" Mamí turns her head around the corner.

"I don't know, she won't get up!" I kneel next to her and pet her. "Jasmine," I stretch her name in hopes that'll make her move, but nothing. "Jasmine sweety, look at me" her eye moves to my worry filled face. Normally I would squeal in excitement bc of how smart she is, but something tells me that this isn't the time.

"Jasmine, want a treat?" Her fluffy tail wags excitedly again, but she doesn't move anything else. A cloud quickly moves over her head as the outside darkens. She quickly grabs Jasmines colar to force her to move, but she only gets dragged. I don't understand why, but mama drags her limp body to her food bowl.

"Honey, please eat." Mama says, I now notice my little brother standing next to me. He looks at me.

"Hermano, what's going on?" His voice wavers

"I don't know, she won't eat or do anything at all!!" I say, staring at my baby on the floor. My gut tells me something bad is going to happen.

"Why now of all times?! Your father is on the other side of the village with the rest of the family!" Mama shouts. She looks at Antonio. "Get some of your animals to deliver the message, please Toni." He nods and runs off.

"I-I can go to the vet with her!" Mama sees me shift into mi primo Luisa and she nods. I pick Jasmine up and she gets a wheel barrow ready. I run to it and try to gently set Jasmine down but I accidentally shift into myself for a second and her head twists. My entire body felt like it was frozen all over and then burned from the sharp pain of fear. I shift into José so I could gain height again and set her down properly and see her still breathing. I let out a sigh and my body feels like jelly as I don't know what to do from there. Mami is already holding onti the wheel barrow and I stop her. I shift into my Tío Bruno.

"Get on my back, this way is faster." Toni and Delores both glance over at eachother nervously as mama gets on my back since she is a little slower and we all sprint in the direction of the vet. Everything from there is a blur. I remember trying to ignore good songs so I wouldn't remember this moment from them as we run by people singing them or while we ran by a building with one. I remember hearing people I thought were my friends not trying to calm me down but only saying she's most likely dying. Anger fuels me as I run fast. My eyes shut when we get there. We are all out of breath but my first reaction is to see if Jasmine is still breathing. She is. I let out a sigh of relief and pick her up, accidentally shifting into baby head me but ignoring it. I sprint into the vet and the lady looks at me. She apparently thinks my face is funny so she laughs but then I shift into my normal self with a glare on my face. She then realises that this is not one of those moments and she runs to the other side of the desk.