~Chapter 14~

Honey lay sprawled on the sofa, her head on Lily's lap. Her eyes followed the intricate patterns across the ceiling. She blew at the stray strands of hair that flew into her face, watching them fall and rise. The crackling fire bathed the Gryffindor Common room in a warm glow. The sky outside was dark and misty, a thick layer of cloud above. It was awfully cold for early summer. The full moon gleamed outside. She heard the portrait hole open and close. Who could be here at this hour? Her eyes met a desperate-looking Sirius,

"Are you alright? What happened?" He was covered in cuts and bruises. "No time to explain, Remus is badly hurt and in the hospital wing, can't find Madam Pomfrey anywhere."

Lily and Honey followed him out of the portrait hole and down to the Hospital Wing. Laying in beds were James, Remus and Peter. James had a big cut down his right leg, his trousers rolled up to reveal it. Peter was in the next bed and looked seriously injured, there were several wounds up and down his arms and around his neck. In the final bed was Remus. He seemed to be bleeding all over, leaving the once pristine white bedspreads a bright red.

"I'm going to search for Madam Pomfrey." Lily said and she disappeared leaving the two alone.

"What happened?" She asked Sirius. She completely forgot what was between the two.

"You have to swear on Merlin you won't tell a soul," He said, "Remus is a werewolf and we've been helping him every time he transforms. Me, James and Peter are all illegal animagi." 

Honey gazed at him, dumbstruck. All of a sudden, Sirius' legs gave way and he collapsed onto the floor, clutching his side. She caught his head just before it slammed against he ground. She kneeled down beside him and placed his head on her leg and she pulled his shirt up to inspect the damage. There, where he clutched, was a gaping wound the size of half her arm. He seemed to have passed out in her arms.

"Sirius? Sirius, speak to me." She pointed her wand at him, "Rennervate."

Sirius' eyes opened a fraction. "Do something to that wound, wound you?" He winced at the pain. Honey, this time, pointed her wand to his wound and whispered, "Ferula." Bandages started to wind themselves around him, patching up the wound.

"Thanks." He said, getting to his feet. He lost his balance but, luckily, Honey barely caught him. Supporting him, she led him over to a nearby bed and set him down. She watched as his eyes flitted around the room, not quite meeting hers. His fingers brushed lazily against her thigh and that was the moment he looked up at her. The last time they met eye to eye was at the fateful night of Slughorn's party. They avoided each other for several months, not a word was said to either. The time drifted on and they were now approaching the end of their years at Hogwarts. Something they both dreaded.

"I'm- I'm sorry." He said simply, "I'm sorry about that night. I know it probably won't change a thing and-and I know you won't want to get back together with me." He took a deep breath, "But I love you, with all my heart, Honey, and I just want you to know that."

She looked into his sincere eyes. She felt the truth in what he said. She felt tears well up in her eyes, she had missed him, she missed his humor, she missed the stupid grin plastered on his face permanently, she missed the loving way he looked at her when they were together. Honey pushed a strand of his hair out of his face and leaned down towards him, letting her soft lips touch his.

"I was definitely not expecting that." He said bluntly after a minute or so, blinking stupidly.

Honey smiled, "Neither was I."

"Sorry to break up the reunion," They heard James shout from his bed, "But we're dying   over here."

"Oh. Right. Sorry." Honey blushed. She knew James would remind them of that scene until the day they die.

"That'll be something to remember." He smirked, "Where's Madam Pomfrey?"

"Here, dear." Honey turned to see her shuffling towards Remus's bed in her nightgown. She saw Lily in the doorway with a raised eyebrow.

"How'd you know?" Honey whispered to her as soon as she was within earshot. "He had the same dazed expression when you came into the hall that night." She smirked, moving towards James's bed.