~Chapter 17~

The 1st of September was due to be the wedding day. It was a joyous occasion for all. Lily was busying herself with Honey's affairs and getting her ready.

Honey was sat at the edge of her bed, staring at herself in the mirror. It was her mother's wedding dress and she thought she ought to use it. It was a long, strapless gown with a sweetheart neckline and had intricate beadwork along the bodice. Three knocks came at the door and she called, "Come in!"

Lily, Nymphadora and two well dressed boys came in.

"You look very pretty!" Dora, who had grown a couple of inches since they last met, sat down beside her, beaming. "Hope you don't mind these two here, they wanted to see you." Beside Lily were Remus and and James in black suits and ties. "Not at all." She got up and hugged each of them.

"Firstly," James began, "Sirius will be drooling when you walk down that aisle-"

"And secondly," Remus cut through, "We can't seem to find Peter anywhere."

"You've checked everywhere?" She asked the two. They nodded, "Fine, shall we hold up the wedding?"

"This is all your choice, one person less wont make much a difference though." Remus said.

"We don't want to come between you and Sirius getting married." James piped up. Honey pondered for a moment, "I'm suppose to walk down the aisle in ten, if you can't find him before that, then so be it." James saluted her and kissed his wife goodbye before leaving for the groom's room. She pulled Remus back and whispered, "I have a bad feeling about Peter, Remus, it's been there for a while. Do me a favor and don't tell Sirius though, I don't want him worrying." He nodded and hugged her goodbye.

"Well, now that that drama's over," Lily smiled brightly, "Time to get this tiara on you." She opened a large blue velvet box containing a beautiful golden tiara with jade flowers. "Who's is it?" Honey gasped, tracing the patterns with her finger.

"My mother-in-law, Euphemia, left it to me before she died." She sighed, "But it was never my thing, goblin made and everything." She secured it on Honey's head with several pins.

"The jade matches your eyes." Dora smiled dreamily up at her. Honey smiled.

"I've got you a crown of your own, as well." Lily waved her wand and a crown of sunflowers appeared on little Dora's head. "Thank you, Lily." She got up and hugged Lily's legs, still being quite short, her hair changing from bright green to her signature bubblegum pink. Honey laughed and got up, hugging her bestfriend,

"Your the best, Lily."

-

Honey stood behind the doors leading to the hall beyond, Andromeda by her side. She was to walk her down the aisle as she was the closest thing to a parent Honey had.

"Thank you for doing this." She whispered. "No problem." Andy patted her arm comfortingly.

"Psst." Someone had appeared at her other side.

"Have you got any news?" She whispered. "He isn't here, we'll have to start with out him." Remus replied, giving her a brief side hug before disappearing into the hall beyond.

"You ready?" Andy asked her as the music started to play. "As I'll ever be."

The doors flew open and a piano, that seemed to playing itself, played in the corner. As she stepped into the room, Sirius turned, catching her eye and breaking into a huge, stupid grin. She felt color rise in her cheeks. Once she reached the front, she stood opposite him. He leaned towards her and whispered quietly,

"You look stunning, Sweetness."

She smiled, "Your looking quite handsome yourself."

"We are gathered here today," The priest (James, much to Honey's dismay, begged to be the priest so there he stood smirking at the two) said, "To witness this wonderful couple get married."