Chapter 4

- Sky- 

The press conference had gone just as they had expected, with journalists asking if they were going to play any of their original songs or if they were only doing songs from the upcoming album, which was a cover collection of what they believed was the greatest love song of all time. Sky had answered that they would indeed sing some originals but mostly from the new album. And as the songs from the new album were classic songs that most people knew by heart, they didn't see it as an issue. They had questions about the locations and dates, local interviews, and so on.

The most annoying question of them all was when a man in an ill-fitting grey suit had asked if they lost their ability to write their own songs and were only after the money that a new album and tour would give them. The reasoning behind this belief was that the songs they had collected were old classics that have been played and covered by multiple artists over the years. Why did they feel the need to record them again, if it was not for the money? Sky wanted to tell the man to fuck of if he didn't get it but had stayed silent as he had been thought. Kyle had answered instead that these were songs that had shaped the band in some way. The first song that Kyle had learned to play on guitar. Sky's mother's favorite song. The first cover they made together, and the one they sent to their manager for the first time. It was songs that they loved to sing and a way for them as a band to show appreciation to the original artists for leading the way to their success. Luckily the man had seemed reassured by that reply and the rest of the questions weren't anything out of the ordinary.

They had just finished up and was heading back when Nash put his arm around his shoulders, "What were you going to ask her?"

Knowing that he was talking about Connie, Sky shook his head, "I have no idea. I mean, I know the crew is off-limits. I just thought she seems like a fun chick and it would be good to get to know her, you know? Thanks for saving me by the way."

Kyle turned around and walked backward as he entered their conversation, "Well, the no crew rule isn't in writing somewhere, but remember Molly?"

All five of them grimaced. How could they not? Molly had been a dancer on their first tour and Johnny had made the mistake of sleeping with her. It had been good at first, Sky had actually thought that they looked good together. But Johnny told them that he had made it clear from the beginning that it was only sex and that she was on board with that, but as time went on Molly started to get obsessive and jealous. It didn't take long before she started to show up everywhere and tried to pick a fight with pretty much any female that talked to Johnny at all. They'd been about mid-tour when everyone finally had enough, and Molly was fired. They even had to do one show with one dancer short on stage before they were able to find a quick learner to take her place. Sky shuddered as he remembered. It had been a whole lot of drama he didn't want repeated.

As they walked back into the room where Connie was waiting for them, sitting on a chair with her feet up on the table, hands behind her head, earphones on, and eyes closed, he realized that it wouldn't be easy to keep his hands off her. She didn't hear them walk in so when Mateo pushed her legs off the table, she gave away a startled shriek and stood up so fast the chair flipped. She stared at Mateo with wide eyes before screaming at him, or maybe to him, "Damit, Now I need to pee!"

Before anyone even had time to let her word sink in, she rushed through the door. Nash was the first one to laugh but Sky and the others soon joined him.

They were still chuckling 10 minutes later as they all climbed in the taxi and Connie muttered, "It's not funny." But Sky could see that she was fighting a smile, tugging at the corners of her mouth.

"Yes Connie, it really was." Nash said as he sat down next to Sky and Connie rolled her eyes at him but smiled as she shook her head and asked "So? Where are we going?"