Chapter 14

- Sky -

"I can't tell you. It's not my secret to share." Connie had stepped away to the bathroom and Sky had been about to go over to some of the crew but as he got closer, Fiona's voice carried from where she stood with Mateo, he got instantly curious and changed direction.

"Hi guys, you having fun Fiona?"

"I sure am! This is honestly, the best day of my life!"

"Nice to hear it." He smiled down at her and arched an eyebrow. "So what's the secret you two were talking about?"

Fiona looked shocked and it was obvious that her words had not been for his ears. That only made him want to know even more. She started to rub her hands together, looking around the room as if she was searching for something or someone. A thought hit him, and he frowned. "Does Connie have a secret?"

Fiona started to chew on her bottom lip just as Connie did when she was nervous.

"Fiona?"

She gave away a deep sigh. "I'll tell you the same thing I told Mateo. I can see how much you like her Sky, and Mateo just told me that you are planning to ask her to go out with you on an official date. And I'm asking you not to."

Sky stiffened. He wasn't sure what stung the most, the fact that Mateo had told Fiona in the first place or that she suggested it wasn't a good idea. Had Connie said something to her?

Fiona grasped his arm before he could take more than a step back. "Don't get angry, Sky. At least let me speak before you walk away."

He reluctantly stayed in place. He wasn't sure he wanted to hear the rest, but he motioned for her to continue. "Connie really likes you too. It's just that there is something she hasn't told you yet and I think she should before you ask her."

"Why don't you tell me then?" His irritation grew. Fiona had just confirmed that Connie liked him, but he was still not supposed to ask her out?

She released his arm and tilted her head. "It's not my secret to share. I am trying to convince her that she can reveal it to you."

He started to worry. What kind of secret was it? He was pretty sure that he wouldn't care but if it was something serious that Connie wanted to keep a secret and the media found out... She would definitely run away.

"Give me a week." Fiona continued. "If she hasn't revealed anything by next Sunday... Ask her out anyways, but I can't promise she'll say yes."

Sky thought about it for a moment and then nodded. He had waited for months, what difference would a week make? He was still a bit worried about what secret she was hiding but he forced the thought out of his head and tried to relax.

"So, are we heading out, or are we going to stay backstage all night?"

"Oh, we are going out!" Connie appeared beside him and smiled. "I have to show you my hometown, don't I?"

"Liar! You just want to show off your new friends to all the haters at The drunk pigeon!" Fiona laughed as Connie looked horrified.

"Fi! You can't say that out loud! It sounds horrible!"

Sky raised his eyebrows in question as he looked down at her. A blush was spreading on her face and she had a guilty expression. "I don't mean to use you," she explained, "it would just be fun to see their faces when they realize that you're my friends." Connie muttered something under her breath that sounded like 'stupid bitches'.

Sky thought she was adorable and wrapped his arm around her waist. He knew with certainty that Connie wasn't after any of the perks that came with being in any celebrity's inner circle and didn't hesitate in his statement. "You can use me anytime!"