Tenth lie

He smiles. "I love you. Now tell me what he whispered."

What could I say? "He said the exact same thing that he told you."

"I see. Tell me why you're crying. You're not pretty like you are when you cry."

"My mom got mad at me from saving my last friend the psychopath wanted to kill."

"You know she just wants to protect you, right? You're lucky to have a parent like that."

"Yeah, sure."

We sit down at the swing. He picks me up, I help him up.

"Austin?"

"Hum?"

"You never talk about your parents. I wanna see them."

His eyes grow black and  I immediately regret bringing it up.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that it would hurt-"

He cuts me off. "Aliyah, would you like to spend the night with me?" He smiles.

"Yeah, okay. I brought my car."

We walk to my car and he offers to drive.  I accept and open the passenger door. He pulls out of the area and heads down the open road.

"What were you doing there?" I ask.

"I was waiting for you."

"How'd you know I'd go there?"

He shrugs. "Lucky guess?"

We spend the rest if the ride in silence. He pulls into a modern bungalow, with bushes all around, and his car in the open parking.

He points to his car." I had it towed here. Managed to pay it off with some community service. Come on."

We walk up the steps to his house.

"I'm home!"

A thousand little steps come running towards us. A little dog jumps on me, and a slightly larger one lands on Austin. A few cats wander around.

"Aww!" The dog licks my face and soon enough so does the other one.

"Bea! Cookie!" The dogs turn their head towards Austin.  He motions them to sit down. He points to a small beagle.

"That's Bea. She's a Bea- gle. And that's cookie." He points to the daschund. "She awakardly smells like chocolate chip cookies, bathed or not."

I pick cookie up and smell her. She does.

"You can sit down over there." He finally points to a sofa facing a 64 inch flat screen TV. He enters his kitchen to get something. His dogs get up and jump beside me.

"Austin are they aloud to get on the sofa?"

"Bea, yes, cookie,no."

I put cookie on the ground. She whines a bit, but quickly gets over it. She start panting with joy and lays on my feet. Austin enters the room.

"Here, I brought you a moist towel, since your face is praticaly covered in dog slob."

I chuckle and wipe off my face. He turns on the TV.

"What do you want to watch?"

"A Spanish drama."

"OK a movie on Netflix it is." He flips through movies.

"So you live alone?"

"Most of the time. My older sister visits every two weeks."

"When is she coming?"

"Uh.." He thinks. "She should come around, uh-oh."

Someone bursts through the door.

"Hello my little cutie city!" She yells.

****
Don't forget to share!