Eighteenth Lie

"Wake up!"

"Ugh..."

"Wake up!"

I accidently hit Austin in the face. He stumbles and groans.

"Ohmigosh! Austin are you okay?!" I say.

He mutters something.

"What?"

He mutters loudly.

"What?"

He moves his hands and yells.

"Ice please!"

Oh. I walk to the kitchen and take the ice with a large spoon. I put it in a zip lock with a kleenex and return to the room. Austin was now sitting on the bed. I gave him the ice and he thanked me.

"today is Halloween right? Let's decorate!" I say.

He nods. He leads me to te garage. I take a few Halloween decorations and we hear hear a car pull up.

"Hello!" Alissa says.

"Hi Alissa. Wanna help decorate?" I ask. Austin shakes his head furiously. Alissa's eyes light up.

"Sure!" She enters the garage.

"You jut made the worst mistake of your life." Austin says.

"Why? I'm sure she'll enjoy helping around and spending time together."

"Sure. Better to learn by lesson." He says.

Alissa comes out with te entire stock of Halloween decorations. She drops them and takes the ladder. In a few seconds she's already on the roof blowing up the inflatable pumpkin. She jumps off the roof and takes a few witches and hangs them on the tiles; hangs them with rope.

She enters the house and comes back with 6 gallons of red paint. One by one, she runs around the house surrounding it in red.

She goes back to the pile of decorations and takes.. bear claws?

She puts them along the driveway and a little everywhere in the grass.

"Is that safe?" I ask Austin. He's sitting in a lounge chair and sipping a lemonade. "Where'd you get that?"

"Nope, and there's a stock of lemonade in the freezer in the garage."

Alissa slows down. When she finishes cutting the 17th pumpkin she comes towards us. She had foam coming put of her mouth, and her eyes were were bloodshot. She takes one last step and passes out.

"Alissa!" I jog to her and shake her.

"Don't worry, she'll wake up in max five minutes." Austin enters the house.

I carry a pretty light Alissa back to the house and lay her in the couch. I enter the kitchen and try to make eggs.

The smoke alarm goes off.

Austin comes rushing in with a bucket of water and throws on the stove, which explodes in flames.

"What the hell?!" He goes to the living room to call 9-1-1.

The flames dance in front of me, yet I'm not scared. I see the flames turn into a figure. The figure starts to look more like a male. The man raises one finger. I raise mine and try to put it in the fire. What the hell are you doing? My finger touches it and I notice that it's was cold. Then the flames extinguish. The smoke takes over the kitchen and I run out to Austin. The phone was still ringing.

"What kind of special services is this?" He yells. "Aliyah, what are you doing? Where's the fire?"

"I extinguished it."

"Hello!" Alissa says, sitting up. She rushes to her room and comes back out with a cake and a large present.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Aliyaaaaaaah, happy birthday to you!" She sings.

She lights the candles and Austin joins in this time.

"Happy birthday to you..."
It's my birthday. My 18th birthday.

Shit.

They finish the song and I blow out the candles. I slice a piece of cake for Austin, Alissa and me. We eat birthday cake for breakfast.

"So How'd you deal with the fire?" Alissa asks.

How'd she know about it? Wasn't she unconscious?

"I don't know. The flames just went out."

"Really? That's weird." Austin says.

"So what are we doing today?" I ask, changing the topic.

"I don't know. You choose it's your birthday." Austin smiles.

"OK. I wanna drink beer, go trick-or-treat-ing, and pig out till daylight on the candy we'll share." I say proudly.

They look at me. Alissa laughs and gives me a high five.

"That's my girl! Let's go sign you up for ID, then we'll pig out on candy with BEER!" She says.

Austin shakes his head but still laughs. He gets his Keyes.

"Let's go!"

***
Almost the end if the book. So sad... the endings even sadder. But I'll start the vote for a second book!