fifthteenth lie

"I know what you've done."

"She's the one who tried to get Austin in trouble!"

"I know." He laughs maniacally. "I woke up the night you left. We arranged this plan in order to get you back, Ali."

I growl." Liar. I don't know what the hell you guys are up to, but I don't want to know. Austin's sister is my legal guardian. I'm staying with them."

"Not so sure. How can you go with lover boy if lover boy isn't here?"

What? I look around. Austin had indeed left. I try my hard to not let that single tear drop.

"What... do... you... want..."
Don't break down. It's you against your father.

"Didn't your brother tell you not to get to close to him? He sees everything you know." My dad grins but puts on a fake sad face. "It isn't so wise to ask him to kill me. I need to protect you anyway."

I can't. I rush out of the room. Hopefully he won't call me anytime soon. I check my pocket for my phone. It's not there. Must've forgot it at Austin's house. I find a few quarters and find the nearest phone. There's one outside. I call the taxi and wait.
***
I don't know where I am. Who I am. What I am. All I know is that I know the answers to all these questions. But Austin....

The taxi man takes my card and swipes it. He gives it back to me. I get out and breathe.

I feel my stomach grumble. There's and cafe not to far from here. I enter and order a few cookies. The lady gives my my bag and I leave.

I need to find Lady Luck.
***

Another short chapter. I'm sure you've noticed that it's weird or you don't understand what's going on; don't worry, it'll be all explained at the end; which is soon.