seventh lie

The taxi drives away has me and Austin face my house. I search through my bag for the key. I find it in my pocket and open the door.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'll be right back." I point to the chair and sofa. I run upstairs and get the pink polka dotted dress I had wanted to wear the first day of school. I re-apply my makeup and change bags.

As I walk the last step on the stairs, I notice that Austin had turned on the TV and was wathing the local news.

"James Kansas high school has been on lockdown since 9:48 this morning. A young student by the name of Kanes Pillar has brought a rifle and with the help of his father, James Pillar, who has brought multiple explosives, they are holding hostage all the students and staff in the gym. The police are on the case. More on this later." Says the reporter.

They show a photo of the school. I stand there, shocked. Austin turns around. Then I realize that aurora, Angelica and Tal are in that gym. They're being held hostage.

Tears start rolling down my cheek and soon enough I start to choke to the waterfall of tears. Austin rushes towards me and hugs me tightly.

"Shh, it's okay... they'll be fine..." He soothes.

How does he know? For all we know, Kanes could just be stalling for how long before he and his father decides to blow the school up?

"Remember the day we met? I said that we could return to the forest. Let's do that." He takes my hand and the Keys to my car and we exit.

He lifts me into the car, buckles me in and goes around the other side to the driver's seat. Why? Why coudmt I move? Why is a boy I don't know doing this? And once again, why is Austin helping me? He could just ignore me and continue on, but instead he stays.

"What do you call a path in the forest for crazy people?" While he drives, he tries humoring me. When he realizes in too shocked to answer, he just finishes.

"A psychopath!" I smile a bit.
He continues; "So a lonely frog with powers decides to help the next people he passes. He wanders around until a bear chasing a rabbit race by. The frog stops them and says:' since you have passed me, I will grant you both three wishes. Bear you go first.' The bear thinks awhile and answers:' I wish every bear in this forest was a girl.' Then the rabbit asks for a helmet. The bear was dumbfounded, but continued with his second wish. 'I wish every bear in the next forest was female.' The frog grants his wish. The rabbit asks for a motorcycle. The bear thinks that the rabbit is stupid to make useless wishes but makes his last wish:' I wish that every bear in the world was female.' The rabbit smiles and makes his last wish:' I wish that this bear was gay.' Then he runs away on his motorcycle." He finishes.

I explode in laughter. I really can't believe him. He parks in the same forest as before, and I get out.

I decide to let my worries go for the instant, or at least distract myself from it. We walk through the branches and I take his hand to pass the river.

A wall of vines appear." You ready?" He asks. I nod my head, and with out ever taking away from his, he brings me into the most beautiful space in the world. Roses and carnations, violets and daisies. Bushes full of berries. Robins and other birds flew around, chirping to the delight. And in the middle of it all, a swing in the middle of a angel fountain, made for two.

"What do you think?" He asks.

What did I think? I don't know, beautiful, glorious, stunning, lovely?

"Very 'the secret garden.'"

He laughs. "I know, stunning, right? I used to come here everyday. Did my homework, played, I did everything here. It's nice to share it with someone."

He leads me to the swing, which is higher when you're closer. He picks me up and sits me on the swing, then jumps up and sits next to me. A blue bird lands on my finger and chirps. I smile. I know Austin is smiling too, behind me. We don't talk, just watch.
As he looks around, I look at him. He's probably the most handsomest boy ever. He looks at me.

"Aliyah, can you see the prettiest thing here?" He asks.

I look around. There's flowers that should be out of season. The birds should be migrating. Berry season was finished a long time ago. Now that I realize, how are all these things still here?

I shake my head. "No."

"It's you."

He leans in and I stay put.

Omigod. He's going to kiss me. He gets closer every millisecond, and a millisecond lost to figure out what to do for me. His lips touch mine, and I kiss back. He kiss me harder, and so do I. We kiss for so long, that when we finally let go, we're so out of breath.

I look him straight in the eye. "Are you Shakespeare's decendant? "

He smiles. "No. Why? "

"Cause you just may be my romeo."
*****
I enter Dylan's room with my bouquet. She's reading a book, and drops it as soon has she sees me.

"Hi! You really didn't need to!" She talking about the bouquet, which costed me an easy 15 bucks.

"Please. It's the least I could do." My voice gets low. "Did you hear what happened at school?" I ask/whisper.

Her eyes darken and she nods her head. She takes the remote control and turns on the TV. She gasps.

"What?" I ask alarmed.

"I-i-its him..."

"Yeah, Kanes, what about it?"

"He's the one who insulted you.."

****
Omigod the people who read my story is overwhelming, even if it's not a lot. Don't forget to share with you friends!