Chapter 7.

A single gunshot rattles your skull as the noise penetrates the wilderness. Who the fuck is shooting us down now?

In the distance a dishevelled looking blonde woman is sprinting towards the group with a shotgun in hand.

"Who is that?" Ryan mutters.

"I don't know lets go find out" Abi says.

You, Kaitlyn and Dylan exchange concerned looks. "Go towards the crazy lady with a gun?" You retort.

Nobody cares to object and so you're forced to reluctantly follow along to the pool house. When in range a series of gasps pass through the crowd of teens. Blood clouds the water "what is that?" Abi gasps.

"Who is that?" You double down as a fleshy form floats through the crimson cloud.

A corpse was right there. Shot dead by whoever that woman was. Instinctively, Nick moves towards you and holds you in a protective embrace. Being against someone so tall felt calming almost enough to not notice how his grip got tighter and tighter. It wasn't scary though, something about it felt right.

"That's Mr H's daughter" Ryan's solemn voice can barely be heard above your combined heartbeats.

The rest of the conversation seems insignificant when Nick murmurs against your ear "you smell so good"

Shivers travel along your spine as he burries his face into the crook of your neck. This felt different from how he normally was, primal and desperate. Something was definitely wrong and yet it felt so right.

"You alright there bud? Maybe dial it back a bit huh?" Kaitlyn's voice cuts in interupting all thought.

Nick pulls back to glare at her "fuck off Kaitlyn"

He never confronted anyone, this wasn't normal for him however the only thing you could focus on was the loss of contact. It almost pained you to have him physically apart from you. Why? You weren't the clingy type.

The overwhelming relief when he returned his hands to the small of your back and face to the delicate skin of your neck was unexplainable. Something inside of you burned at the thought of being separated. What was this?

The flash of teeth and tongue sweep over your throat. "I wanna taste you" Nick's growl is low and impatient.

His grip around you got unbearably strong, so did the desire stirring in your stomach. You needed to feel his teeth piercing your flesh like a flower needed sunlight. Tilting your head you give him full access. A burst of sharp pain makes you wince as bone tears into you like a steak. It hurt so much and somehow felt so good. Letting out low groan you inhale a gulp of iron liquid. The feeling is pure bliss.

The holy experience is disrupted when Nick is shoved away from you. The ecstasy fades to panic when you feel blood pouring down your neck and chest at a rapid pace. Nick's body makes a splash when he flies into the pool.

Again, the separation from him feels like torture as your body fights against the newly acquired gaping wound vs the undying need to be one with your boyfriend. "Nick!" You scream.

The shouts of the other councillors seem like whispers in the wind compared to the screaming in your mind. Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick, Nick.

Two hands grab you and move up to your injury. The pain is already fading as every sense hones in on him. It's like you can smell everything, feel everything, hear everything and all you want is to be drowned in his aura.

And then it all fades to black.

Waking up in the cold dark poolhouse you immediately throw your hand up to your neck. The feeling of wet material covers the tender spot. Somebody had bandaged you up while you were out.