Chapter 16.

You were up and out the house before anyone else, too excited to sleep in. You hadn't done anything like this in so long the nostalgia was hitting hard. What would Ryan like? That is the question.

He loves listening to paranormal podcasts and ghost stories of course so maybe you could buy him some good quality headphones. Is that too basic though? You couldn't help be unsure of yourself as you walk around the local mall.

You also wanted to get everyone else a gift even if it was something small, outside of the game. You decide to start off easy- Abi. You walk into an art supply store and gravitate towards a pretty set of watercolors. These would be perfect for her.

Nick hasn't shut up about this new playstation game he'd been excited to play called stray so, naturally, you buy that next. He also gets something a little extra, since he is your boyfriend after all. You'd already had this gift prepared though and it was tucked safely away in the bottom of your suitcase.

Dylan gets a portable charger since he's always complaining about his phone battery, Kaitlyn gets some cute bee themed earmuffs, Jacob gets a retro style letter jacket and finally Emma gets one of those two piece bff necklaces.

After some pondering you decide to push aside your doubts and get Ryan the headphones along with some band shirts you know he likes just to be safe.

Back at Jacobs place you find a few people passed out on the couch, Netflix plays in the background. You roll your eyes and switch it off for them and head upstairs to search for the others. Nick is in your room just scrolling his phone but jumps up like an excited puppy upon seeing you.

"I got your text about you going shopping" he smiles "why didn't you wait for me to wake up and we could have gone together?"

"Because that would defeat the purpose of secret santa" you emphasize the 'secret' with raised eyebrows.

The brunette makes an 'oh' shape with his lips. "Right yeah, of course" he chuckles shyly "I just missed you"

You smirk at him as you tuck the shopping bags away "I was only gone a few hours"

"Exactly"

Stiffling a laugh you become serious "don't mess with the gifts they're surprises"

He nods with a strange look on his face. You frown when you notice his sudden drop in mood.

"What's wrong?" You ask gently.

"I don't know what to get, for secret santa or for regular gifts" he groans throwing his phone down on the bed.

"I'm sure they'll appreciate whatever you get, it's the thought that counts"

He rubs his face lightly shaking off the small spout od stress. "You're right"

A knock at the bedroom door makes you spin around. "Who is it?" You call.

"It's me" Emma's voice sounds behind the closed door.

You pull it open and offer a smile "hey what's up?"

Her face looks contorted as if in thought "can we talk, I really need some girl advice"

You turn back to give Nick a pointed look, he politely excuses himself and shuffles past the two of you scurrying away.

Emma and you sit beside eachother on the bed "so what did you want to talk about?"

Her eyes sparkle with multiple emotions that swirl together in one confusing storm "Jacob..."

Her voice is suddenly quiet and you can tell she feels guilty for bringing her boy problems to you "I'd love to help" you reassure.