Chapter 11.

"What are you talking about?" You snap at the cop who had just delivered a devastating line. How could there be more?

"Caleb" he rasps.

"Who?"

"Chris' son, my nephew" He pauses before adding "he bit them; Chris and Kaylee"

"Then who bit Caleb?!" Laura snaps.

"Silas, feral albino child, white wolf"

"White wolf?" Ryan repeats as if he knew something you didn't "I saw it at the cabins earlier tonight"

Travis has this far off fish eyed look as if he was in desperate need of water. "He must have been back for months.... he's what ran you off the road" he tells Laura.

"So all this started because of some rabid kid?" You scoff making a show of raising your hands and slapping them down against your sides.

"Help me" Travis begs with a sad tone "help me save Caleb, help me end this"

"So if we kill Silas everyone and I mean everyone will be free?" Laura inquiries.

"Yes" he nods.

"And who bit Silas?" You question.

"Not sure, it all started when he came in with the freak show six years back" he admits.

"Well where would we find him?"

"I know exactly where" he growls clearly remembering a distasteful memory.

"Can someone please get me some fucking clothes first?" Laura huffs.

You nod realizing she's been in her shredded underwear the entire conversation and take her to one of the bedrooms raiding a random closet. The only options are ugly button downs or grandma sweaters but this wasn't exactly a fashion show so it'd do.

"Here" you toss her an outfit consisting of a tank top, a flannel jacket and some baggy cargo pants.

She smiles "thanks"

"I'll give you some privacy" you announce with a teasing bow and exit the room.

You wait downstairs with the others feeling the anxious energy in the air.

When Laura regroups you all clamber into the car. Sitting in the back with Ryan you breathe deeply trying to calm all the rioting thoughts you had. This nightmare would soon be over.

The car ride was quiet and full of apprehension. The road was enpty and still, everything seemed to be holding it's breath- even the trees. It was as if the earth itself was waiting for the pin to drop.

Then it does. Something heavy thuds against the car roof making everyone yell out. The car shakes and swerves, Ryan bangs his head on the window and Travis does the same. Both go out cold while the monster rages above head. Your head bunp was luckily softened by Ryan's shoulder and with a surge of energy you lean forward grabbing the steering wheel in attempt to steady the car.

Both you and Laura scream for Travis to wake up as you quite literally backseat drive. "I got it, get down" he hisses upon regaining his senses.

You do as he says, hunkering down behind the passanger seat. The violent swaying of the vehicle abruptly stops when the creature on the roof is flung off.

"Go!" Laura screams as the car picks up speed.

A sickening crunch sounds under the tires and Travis slows to a stop. You look up from your hiding spot and peer out the back window. There's no sign of the werewolf that you had run over just seconds ago "he can't have just disappeared" you groan.