Where am I?

Sun hit Carter's face warmly. Her green eyes opened and she winced in pain as a sharp pain went through her cheek. She sat up closing her eyes tightly and softly put her hand on her cheek.

That's when she opened one eye looking around. Her eyes widened. Where am I? She thought to herself.

She hurriedly jumped out of the bed she had been laying in, but her legs buckled and she fell down tiredly. Carter groaned and sighed pushing herself up. She looked around for her bag with all her supplies and weapons in it. Nothing. Now she could panick. She searched the room everywhere and there was still nothing. Carter fell to her knees thinking she lost everything. Looking up, she saw a small glass angel sitting on the cabinet. Without thinking, she grabbed the statue and threw it on the ground smashing it to pieces.

God had given up as well. Perhaps he grew tired of the people who ruined the world. So, he ruined it himself. God had abandoned her, along with everyone else.

Carter narrowed her eyes and just when she was about to smash more piece's, the door flung open revealing the same girl who had attacked Carter the previous night. The girl looked about seventeen. She had dark hair with glasses over her hazel eyes. She was quite skinny as well.

Carter jumped a little and stood up backing away slowly "Who are you and what do you want?" She said a little shakily, though the girl looked harmless.

The girl looked a little scared "I-I'm sorry! My name is Megan. I helped you!" She said sacredly. It was obvious this girl, Megan, was not used to what had become of this world. She was still scared.

Carter let her guard down and narrowed her eyes "Where is my stuff?" She asked in a demanding voice. The girl looked at her "Downstairs... I was looking for some thing to help me survive. I'm sorry!" She said putting her hands up. Carter sighed "I won't hurt you, just take me to my stuff please." She said quietly. Megan nodded and they walked downstairs..

Downstairs was bigger than the upstairs. There was a big kitchen and living room. "You've got a whole pantry full of food! Why do you need my stuff to survive?" Carter asked opening a door and revealing a whole pantry of food. Megan looked at her "Well, I need weapons." She said softly. Carter narrowed her eyes "You have kitchen knives, you used those as a weapon when you saw me, why don't you use that?" She questioned with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Megan looked down "But what if they get me before I can stab them?" Megan asked. Carter sighed "Fine." She said.

Suddenly, there was a scratching sound at the door. Another noise followed, and Carter grabbed her bag which was sitting on the counter. She pulled her gun out and narrowed her eyes. Megan looked a little scared. Carter looked at her and held back a laugh "I'm younger than you, yet I'm the one protecting you. Shouldn't it be reversed?" She said smirking slightly. Megan let out a forced, nervous chuckle and backed away to the corner. Carter took a deep breath and walked towards the door with her gun ready.