Lost

Carter ran looking for the others. "Guys?" She called out. "Ethan?" She shouted. Nothing. Carter sighed "Where are they?" She whispered to herself as she looked around the darkening forest. "Emily?" She shouted. Still nothing.

As she walked on, a loud groaning sound came from up ahead. Carter froze in place and stared in fright as a stalker crawled out from under a bush. Getting a closer look, she saw the stalker had a knife stuck deep into its leg. Fresh blood dripped down its leg and it reached out for Carter, but she stepped back. She smirked "Yes! They have to be close!" Carter pulled a knife out of her pocket and stabbed the creature in the head. Taking both knives, she ran ahead.

Finally, she got to a small shack. "They're probably not in here, but maybe I can find some supplies." She thought out loud. Slowly, she opened the old door with a squeaky noise coming out of it. Carter jumped back expecting a stalker or ticker to lunge at her. Yet, nothing came. Holding the knife firmly in her hand, she took a step into the small shack.

Inside, she peered into the darkness trying to find anything. Then her hand touched something. Some type of liquid. Carter gulped and stepped outside to see blood on her hand. Carter shrieked softly and covered he mouth with her clean hand. She stared at the blood with horror. That wasn't her blood, it was someone, or something else's. She wiped the blood on her ripped jeans and kept looking.

Taking a deep breath, she stepped back into the shack and felt around frantically for anything. Suddenly she touched plastic. She grabbed the item and jumped out of the shack. It was a flashlight. "Thank god." She sighed with relief. Carter flipped the switch and a bright light shined in the dark forest. Moon shown down through the canopy providing a tab bit of light.

Carter quickly went back into the shack with the light and shined it all around. A small empty bag, more blood, a butcher knife, wait, a butcher knife? She shined the flashlight onto the bloody blade and took it without hesitation. She continued the search, and eventually found a clean rag. "That could help." She thought outloud. Taking the rag, she decided there was nothing else she needed.

Carter walked out into the moon-lighten night, and sighed. "Where could they possibly be?" She muttered under her breath, shining the light around in all different directions. Then she spotted something, footprints. They were pretty fresh, but they could be a stalker or tickers. But nothing was here when she arrived. Maybe it was the groups! Carter hesitated, them took a deep breath starting to follow the unknown prints.