Chapter 1 - A New Student

Hey guys, I hope you are well and ready for the next season of Fate. This is the first time I'm posting a fic in English on Wattpad (I wrote and posted this one in French last year). This fic is a follow-up to the first season and does justice to Farah, who was cowardly killed by the writers. You'll learn more about Bloom's origins, about Beatrix and about Saul and Farah's relationship. I hope you like it, please let me know your thoughts in the comments😊

*************************************************************

In the car on the way to my new school, I checked my papers one last time to find out my schedule, the rules and my dormitory number. I was both excited and anxious to get to a boarding school where I knew absolutely no one. I thought about my grandma, whom I had left alone at home, feeling a little guilty. My grandpa had died a few days earlier, from an infection caused by a Burned One. I had just had time to chase the creature away with the help of my grandmother, a water fairy, before it attacked us too. I had felt with grief my grandma's sorrow and my grandpa's slow agony.

I looked at the golden sun-shaped locket he had given to me on his deathbed and remembered his last words.

"Take this locket, Jade, it will serve you wherever you go. A great evil will fall upon Alfea and probably Solaria. It's the same evil that killed your dad, I'm sure. And only you can stop it, with the help of your locket."

He had placed it in my hand, and when I asked him more about my origins and my father, he had sighed. His last sigh.

I wiped a tear from my cheek. My grandparents had always been there for me, they had brought me up and educated me, and they had avoided telling me about my parents, I still didn't know why.

Suddenly, my driver's nasal voice echoed and got me out of my thoughts.

"Here we are, Miss, we have arrived," he announced with a little smile.

At the sight of the castle, my eyes widened in wonder.

"It's...It's beautiful," I stammered, not believing my ears.

Everything looked so perfect, I felt like I was in a fairy tale, but I was really one. The lawns made Alfea look like a royal place.
He dropped me off at the main entrance, where he helped me unload my luggage, before turning around within the car and leaving me alone, left to myself.

I sighed, it was the middle of the afternoon and the sky was overcast. As I was walking down the aisle, I noticed some young men and ladies in black coveralls training for combat. I could easily guess that they were the Specialists.
As I was passing them, dragging my luggage with difficulty, two pairs of eyes fell on me. A young brunette girl with hair as rebellious as a thunderstorm approached me kindly, followed by her friend with a short, dark magenta haircut.

"Hey, hi! I guess you're new here," balked the first girl in a cheerful tone.

"Yes," I replied shyly." I'm a bit lost, I could use a little help. By the way, my name is Jade."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Kat, and this is Tecna," she introduced herself and held out her hand, which I shook solemnly.

"Let me guess, you must be a fairy," Tecna added with a smirk.

"Ah, is it that obvious?"

"All Specialists are at least one meter seventy-five tall," Kat informed me, shaking her head.

I, who was only one meter sixty-three tall, suddenly felt like a dwarf.

At that moment, she waved to a young blonde woman in uniform accompanied by four other girls, who were also wearing the same white blouse and dark blue skirt. I was amazed to see everyone in uniform, it was a far cry from the image I had been given of the school. I must have stood out with my bright blue top and trousers among the students in uniform.
I followed my two new mates in the direction of the group, unsure of myself.