Chapter 18 - Stolen Memories

What Jade doesn't know...

**********************************************************************

Since Jade had left her office, Farah had remained static, still in shock at her discovery. Jade was her daughter...at least, the daughter of her deceased partner. However, their bond and the fact that she was a mind fairy reinforced the belief that they were related by blood. But why didn't Farah remember the baby? Of having carried her for nine months? Now all these questions were jumbling together in her head, until the knock on the door.

"Come in!" she ordered mechanically.

"Hello, love," her Specialist greeted her as she entered with a bouquet of roses. "I asked Ben to prepare these flowers for you."

He placed a kiss on her lips and she thanked him briefly before placing them in a vase.

Saul couldn't help but notice a certain silence in his partner, which he found abnormal.

"Farah, is something wrong?" he worried, placing his hand tenderly on her cheek.

She remained for a long moment without answering, her eyes still misty.

"I have something important to tell you, and I think it concerns Ben too," she announced in a whisper.

"Is it about Rosalind?" he inquired, anxious about what he was about to learn.

"To tell you the truth, I don't know, but it's more about me, my past, and Roger," she admitted, running her hands over the back of her friend's neck.

He stared at her, bewildered:

"Roger?"

"Yes, I made a discovery earlier, but we should go and talk to Ben about it," she suggested.

"Okay, I think he's still in the greenhouse," he agreed, leading her towards the door. "And he's all alone, no Luna around him."

"I prefer it that way, even though he's been helping her a lot since she went blind, I don't really want her to know about it yet."

The couple left the office to go to the greenhouse, where their friend was finishing some cuttings. He was alone, no Queen around him, and without his children, as expected.

"Well, we three need to talk," declared the headmistress, looking serious. "Do you have time now?"

He put down his pruning shear and walked towards them.

"Yes, I was just about to close the greenhouse before I went to visit Luna, but I see it looks important," he accepted, nodding his head. "What is it about?"

Farah invited her friends to sit down around the small table before imitating them.

"Earlier, I made a major discovery about my life that could affect both of you," she began, shaking slightly.

The two men listened to her attentively.

"After class, Jade came in my office. She wanted to talk to me about something that was bothering her," she continued, upset. "Since the trial, she had been having doubts about her father, who was called Roger. She said that he had dropped her off at her grandparents' when she was just a baby and that her father had left, never to be seen again. All this at the same time as the battle of Aster Dell. And then she showed me the little picture she use to keep with her and I understood. She is Roger's daughter, and therefore mine, which explains our bond and her powers similar to mine."