III. WHY DOES EVERYONE KEEP SAYING THAT

Jeremiah was getting ready for school, it was Halloween so he decided he would dress up

Jeremiah was getting ready for school, it was Halloween so he decided he would dress up. He was not gonna go in something that looked like it was a costume, he didn't want to embarrass himself.

So he decided to go as one of his favorite characters from his favorite book, which was also made into a movie. Ponyboy Curtis. He was gonna go as Johnny Cade but he didn't want to dye his hair.

He went with the version of ponyboy when he just dyed his hair. He put on a brown and black flannel he found in his dad's closet. And some old blue jeans he also got from his dad. Along with his brown jacket to represent the one dally gave ponyboy when he ran away.

He took longer on getting ready because he was still upset about the argument he and his parents had. They basically told him to apologize to Mitchell, which he told them he was not doing. Mitchell Carver deserved what happened to him and Jeremiah stands by that.

"I thought you said you were dressing up?" Robin questioned, as Jeremiah walked into the kitchen to get something to eat.

"I am dressed up," he said, motioning to his outfit.

"Are you going to church, because that's what it looks like," Robin pointed out, before taking another bite of her cereal.

Jeremiah just rolled his eyes and proceeded to pour himself some cereal. He thought his costume was great, he and max were up most of the night talking about their costumes.

" good morning!" Felix exclaimed, sitting at the table, accepting the bowl of cereal Jeremiah had made him. " Why are you dressed like you're going to church? Wait, is it Sunday?"

" oh my god, no Felix this is my Halloween costume" Jeremiah explained, ignoring robin laughing at him.

" Oh. Why did you pick to wear that? I told you you could be a chef with me. What are you supposed to be anyway?" Felix asked his brother, while pointing his spoon at him.

Jeremiah sighed " ponyboy from the outsiders."

" Oh. I guess I see it" Felix said, tilting his head to get a better look at the outfit. Felix only said that to make Jeremiah feel better he's never seen the outsiders or even read the book for that matter. But Jeremiah didn't need to know that.

When they were done eating they all rode to school. Robin and Jeremiah dropped off Felix who walked in with Erica.

Then riding to school together and then splitting ways since the middle school and the high school are right across from each other.

Jeremiah put his bike in the bike rack and walked to the door but before he could get inside. he was greeted by Mitchell carver, captain of the baseball team, whose eye was very black from Jeremiah punching him the day prior.

" why are you dressed like that?" Mitchell laughed, seeing as it wasn't something Jeremiah would normally wear.

Jeremiah shrugged " wanted to try something new"