V. PINKY PROMISES

Jeremiah was coming back from early baseball practice, it was his punishment for being late the day prior

Jeremiah was coming back from early baseball practice, it was his punishment for being late the day prior. It was only him and Mitchell on the field, since Mitchell is the captain the coach left it up to him to decide Jeremiah's punishment, so he could work on his leadership skills. At least that is what the coach said.

He made him run laps and pitch for Mitchell. By the end of it, Jeremiah couldn't feel his legs or his arm, but he still had to change back into regular clothes. On his way to the main entrance, he saw Dustin putting his bike in the bike rack.

"Hey! dusty!" he called out to him.

"hey, jerry" Dustin greeted. "Are you okay?" Dustin noticed his friend's exhaustion. I mean Jeremiah was still out of breath from it.

"what? yeah, no, I'm good" he dismissed. The two boys heard arguing that sounded like it was coming from behind the school. They followed the voices behind the school next to the dumpster. They found Mike and Max standing next to a dumpster, holding sticks.

"What the hell is going on?" Dustin asked.

"What do you think? were looking for dart, ''Mike said.

"Where's Lucas?" Jeremiah asked, noticing he wasn't around them. As soon as he said that a bag full of trash was tossed from the dumpster in his direction, making everyone take a few steps back, then Lucas jumped out of the dumpster.

"found him!" Jeremiah adds to his previous statement.

Lucas crossed his arms. "Well, well, well, look who finally decided to show up. after I drew the short straw. real convenient"

"you stink!" Max exclaimed as she moved to the other side in between Dustin and Jeremiah.

"hi, max" Dustin was staring at her with a bright smile. Max greeted him then turned to Jeremiah with a questioning look, to which he just shrugged.

Only then did she notice his appearance. Jeremiah's face was bright red from practice and he was sweating. Which was odd considering its fall.

"What happened to you?" max questioned.

"Mitchell Carver happened to me. He made me run laps and pitch for him until I almost passed out! I can't wait till he goes to high school" Jeremiah told her.

Mitchell Carver and Jeremiah are the same age but when they get to high school they would have to try out for the team again. so then they will have a new team captain, Jeremiah just hopes he's a better captain than Mitchell.

"Where is will?" Dustin asks.

"He'll be here," Mike reassured.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" Lucas throws him a stick and is about to give one to Jeremiah as well, but Jeremiah stops him.

"I'd like to help, truly. but I have to change out of this uniform before class ''Jeremiah excuses. on his way in he can hear mike mumble something under his breath, he can make out what he said but he's almost sure it was about him.