VI. REST IN PEACE MEWS

Jeremiah laid his bike on Dustin's front lawn and went up to the door, bat in hand, he was about to ring the doorbell when Dustin comes waddling out of the house

Jeremiah laid his bike on Dustin's front lawn and went up to the door, bat in hand, he was about to ring the doorbell when Dustin comes waddling out of the house. he was covered head to toe in soft padding, the kind you would use for sports.

Dustin grabbed Jeremiah by the hand and dragged him to the shed. "good morning to you too dusty"  but the boy was ignored.

"dusty, what are you doing?" Jeremiah asked as he watched the boy peek through the cracks between the wood.

Dustin pulled Jeremiah down so he could look through the crack. at first, Jeremiah didn't see anything, but that something crawls out of Dustin's front door at first he thought it was a dog.

"is that..." Jeremiah trailed off. he was too busy watching the thing eat the food on the ground.

"dart? yes. turns out mike was right it is a baby Demogorgon" Dustin stated.

"you kept him?"

"yes, I did. we have a bond, well, until he ate my cat"

"he ate mews!" Jeremiah exclaimed. Dustin was going to reply but then dart started heading toward them. the two boys moved to stand against the wall, it was too late dart had already noticed them.

Jeremiah held up his finger and counted to three. he opened the door and swung at dart , hitting him right in the storm seller. Dustin quickly rushed over and shut the doors, the two of them lay on top of it out of breath, while dart tried to break free.

"I'm sorry. you ate my cat" Dustin gasped, still trying to catch his breath.

"I'm not, I never liked you," Jeremiah said as he chained the handles together so he couldn't get out.

The two boys were in Dustin's bedroom cleaning the blood out of his carpet. Well, Jeremiah was, and Dustin was trying to contact the others. they had already buried mews, Jeremiah made him a headstone out of an old pizza box he found in Dustin's fridge.

"all right, it's Dustin again. seriously, I have a code red" Dustin says into his mike again. Jeremiah doesn't pay any mind to it and continues to clean the spot. "erica? erica, is Lucas there?"

"shit, she turned off his radio" Dustin swore.

"you should have asked for Felix," Jeremiah told him.

"how do you even know if he's there?" Dustin questioned.

"It's Felix, he's always there, they're best friends. you'll hardly ever see one without the other '' Jeremiah says.

"come on jerry, we're going to mike's house," Dustin said as he walked out of his bedroom. Jeremiah had gotten most of the blood out now it just had to dry. Once he was satisfied with his work he ran after Dustin.

The duo stood at the front door of the wheeler household. Jeremiah stood next to Dustin as he rang the doorbell repeatedly. he really hoped it was Mrs. Wheeler who opened the door and not Mr. Wheeler, Jeremiah never liked Ted Wheeler and Ted never liked him. It was mutual hatred. Apparently, the world hates Jeremiah because that's exactly who opened the door.