VII. DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE ENEMY

The group was walking out of the junkyard they were heading in the same direction the demo dogs ran towards

The group was walking out of the junkyard they were heading in the same direction the demo dogs ran towards. Jeremiah was walking in between max and Lucas.

"You're positive that was dart?" Lucas speaks up.

"Yes. He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt" Dustin tells him.

"He was tiny two days ago," Max adds.

"I know, talk about a growth spurt" Jeremiah commented.

"Well, he molted three times already," Dustin said.

"Malted?" Steve questions.

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms" Dustin Corrected.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

Dustin shrugged. "It's gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it. And so will his friends"

"Yeah, he's gonna eat a lot more than just a cat," Steve stated.

"Wait, a cat?" Lucas stepped in front of Dustin so he wouldn't walk away. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what? No" Dustin spoke.

"Yeah, he did. That son of a bitch ate mews. We had a funeral. I gave him a pizza box headstone and everything" Jeremiah says, ignoring the look Dustin was giving him.

Max turned to Jeremiah. "Mews? Who's mews?"

"It's Dustin's cat," Steve answered for him.

"Steve!" Dustin exclaimed.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Lucas shouted.

"No! No. No, I... no, I..." Dustin defended but soon realized that it was no use and gave out the real reason. "He missed me. He wanted to come home"

"Bullshit!" Lucas said.

"I didn't know he was a baby Demogorgon, okay?" Dustin shouted.

"Oh, so you admit it?" Lucas shouted back at him.

"Guys, who cares? we have to go" max interjected, but the two of them kept arguing soon max got mixed in the argument. Jeremiah shook his head at the three of them.

Jeremiah and Steve both heard a screeching sound in the distance and started to walk toward it. Steve was trying to get the others' attention and after three tries it worked.

the sound of the monster screeching went off again. Jeremiah started running towards it with his bat in hand ready to swing, he could hear Max in the back asking why they were walking to it.

they stopped running when they got to the edge of the woods, they were on a cliff that overlooked the town. Lucas used his binoculars to see where the sound came from. He told them that it was the lab and the monsters were going back home.