chapter 17| apologizes

Mike looks at me confused "At home."

"I see that. But, why is he okay."

"Yea, Joyce just doesn't think it's a good idea for will to be at school just incase he has another episode."

I nod my head

"I going to his house again after school. " mike says taking a bite outta his pizza.

"I'll come too." Dustin says
____
*rinnggg* the bell goes off I rush out of class to go to my locker

I see max standing at her locker

I stand at my locker and look over at max. She opens her locker and the folder piece paper I snuck in there after lunch fell out.

Max picks up the paper holding it up for a second. she looks at it before turning it around. without even opening it  she walks towards the trash can and drops the paper in the trash. Before walking down the hallway out the school doors into the parking lot.

I close my locker adding a little so much aggression causing a loud bang. I let out a sigh before walking outside to grab my bike.

"Lucas." I hear Dustin say as I approach him and Mike at the bike rack.

"Where'd you go? we were looking for you." Mike says.

"I went to my locker guys chill." I say grabbing my bike.

We get on our bike's and start riding down out the parking lot.

Mike nods his head "we're still going to will if you changed your mind about coming."

"I can't I gotta get home." I say briefly as I find myself zoning out thinking of a better way to apologize to max.

"Alright see ya tomorrow." Mike says as him and Dustin make a turn going to wills house.

I look up and see that I'm in my house. I must have zoned out think about max. That I didn't even notice I made it to my house. Or went inside.

"Lucas!" I hear my mom down the hallway.

I walk into the kitchen. "hungry?" My mom ask sitting a plate on the table.

I nod slowly nod my head we usually never eat this early but I don't say anything and just walk over to my chair.

"That's enough Erica." My mom scolds Erica as she pours half the bottle of syrup on her plate.

"Nunun."Erica says continuing to pour the syrup.

I stare at my plate fiddling my fork over the chicken and waffles. Maybe I can- I try to think of a way to apologize to max but my mind goes blank. I look up my dad sitting in the chair across from me his eyes peeled to the afternoon paper.

"Dad when mom's mad at you how do you make her not mad." I ask

"Mmm that's a good question." my mom says crossing her arms.

"First, I apologize then I get your mother whatever she wants." He says still reading the paper.

"Even when shes wrong?"

My dad peels his eyes off the paper lifting it down.

"She's never wrong son." He says before going back to the newspaper

"That's right." My mom smiles

I'll just tell max the truth that's it I lean back in my chair I nod my head before standing up from the table grabbing my plate.

"Not hungry?" My mom ask.

"Not really." I sit the plate on the counter. I head towards the door.

"Where ya goin'? She ask