Benefits

"I'm waiting," I whisper.

    His lips came crashing down on mine. I quickly place my arms around his neck, causing him to deepen the kiss. I gasped when I felt him bite my bottom lip.

" Caleb," He mumbles against my lips, pulling me out of my lusty haze.

"What?" I questioned, resting my head on his lightly. The intensity of his stare sent a fire throughout my body, causing an ache for more.

"My name is Caleb," He replies with a slight chuckle giving my legs a small squeeze.

I became so wrapped up in our kiss that I didn't think to ask his name. "Right, Caleb," I say slowly.

Kissing a stranger before knowing his name wasn't something I did very often. It was my first time, if I'm being honest with myself. I almost felt shameful for my actions with him.

Almost.

"Do you want to head to my room then?" I asked. Picking up the courage to mess his hair slightly.

Caleb watched me closely, taking a moment. His mouth twitched upwards. " I guess that would be the most reasonable choice for our plan."

I pulled my lips into a teasing pout. "Just because of our plan?"

    "Maybe," he said playfully before setting me down.

"Well let's go, partner." I let out sarcastically.

Caleb didn't seem surprised by my lavish bungalow once we arrived. Instead, he kept his distance, analyzing everything occupying the space. I plopped on the bed, watching as he continued to make his rounds over my room.
My thoughts raced back to our kiss. What I did was playful banter. I kept reassuring myself that it was the case, but I felt foolishly controlled by emotions.

"What are you thinking?" Caleb's voice broke out, turning his focus to me.

"Just thinking," I let out vaguely.

"About your mate?" He asked curiously.

"No, absolutely not," I say quickly. I wasn't shy about showing my distaste for the statement either.

Caleb gave me a nod and turned in his direction to the ocean. The silence between us grew into tension. Maybe it was more one-sided because Caleb looked perfectly at ease from my remark.

"So your mate left you." Caleb nonchalantly spoke. The way he said it made it sound more like a casual statement than a question.

"Yes," I replied. I was biting back any remarks that could indicate any sourness I held on to the matter.

"It's not common for vampires to leave their mates," Caleb spoke, turning his head to face me. His eyes freely stared me down.

"Yet here I am," I snapped. Caleb's words ignited hidden anger within me. Sure I left them, but I didn't expect it to be so...hurtful.

"Yet here you are," He murmurs, staring at me intensely.

I met his gaze, allowing the created tension to grow tenfold. I wasn't sure what happened next but quickly registered his lips on to mine. I eagerly accept them as I wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls back slightly, and I tug at his shirt, demanding the item be removed. Caleb shoots me a smirk before stepping back to pull off his shirt, giving my greedy eyes time to appreciate his toned body.

Caleb reaches the end of my dress, slowly pulling it off my figure. It was now just my undergarments covering me. I capture Caleb's lips again to mine. I was enjoying the battle between pleasure and logic. His firm hands push me slightly onto the bed and place himself between my thighs. Leaning over, he begins to leave a trail of kisses on my breast. Warmth pooled between my thighs as his hand slowly caressed my thigh, reaching ever so close to my most intimate part.

    "Caleb," I moaned, arching my back upwards.

    I could feel Caleb's smile against my chest as he moved his hand away. Before I could protest his teasing antics, he moved his hands towards the back of my bra. The slight arch of my back was all he needed to unhook it quickly. Caleb pauses and sends me a look. I give him a nod of approval for him to continue the critical exploration of my body.

    He pulls back and moves his hands towards my thigh. "Is this what you want?" He asked.

    "Yes," I stammered out. I was moving my thighs slightly wider to fasten Caleb's speed.

  Caleb leans down and slightly kisses the side of my knee before trailing his hands towards my core.  Taking pride in his teasing tactics.

    "Ahh," I gasped as his fingers found their way to my entrance.

    His eyes swirled with lust and desire as he watched my reactions to his work. He gives me a sly smile as he fastens his pace. Warmth and pressure build up after every stroke. I squeeze my eyes tightly, allowing myself to release.

    Keeping my eyes closed, I focus on my rapid breathing. "Damn," I whisper.

    Caleb slightly chuckles and lays beside me "You looked like you needed it."

    I slightly slap him causing him to laugh even more. " Partners with benefits," I state, rolling over to face him.

    I had no intentions of starting a relationship with Caleb. Giving into whatever magic he had on me felt like a perfect escape . As long as we kept to both ends of the deal, I think it could go smoothly. Yet, I couldn't help but feel a lingering dread.

    "Partners with benefits," He confirms, moving a piece of hair from my face.

    Everything was going to be okay.

    After all, I am on vacation.