Sunk

"I thought we were heading home?" I asked

" Well, I thought we could relax here for a bit," He spoke smoothly, letting me down softly on the ground.

The sandy beach I grew accustomed to was replaced with lush green trees. The area immediately stroke a similarity to my home in Forks. I found it comforting how time seemed to stall, for it to become meaningless when engulfed in nature. It is almost like a switch was flicked once I realized I was in the forest.

"What's that noise?" There was a constant hum that softly rang in my ears. It was the kind of sound that could quickly put you at ease no matter what state you were in.

"We're by a small waterfall right now."

I close my eyes listening closely to the rhythmic hum of the water. "It's relaxing."

"Wanna swim?"

" Don't you think that would be a bit too cold?" I asked. Opening my eyes, I catch Caleb taking his shirt off.

" A midnight swim is always good for the soul," He replies, shooting me a devilish smirk before unbuttoning his jeans.

" Funny, I thought vampires aren't supposed to have souls." I shot back, keeping my eyes steadily toward his.

" Is that so? Here I thought I was replenishing it," Caleb responds, taking a few steps towards me. "You'll have to tell me if it is."

" I thought I said I wasn't swimming," I reply, a smirk growing.

"No, you asked if it would be too cold. You never mentioned not participating." He corrects.

I look at him overseeing his boxers, the only material left on him. His toned body seemed perfectly sculpted while the moon's hue brought a tempting glow. My eyes worked their back to a welcoming pair of eyes. Maintaining contact, I slowly slip the straps of my dress off. I watch Caleb's eyes flicker toward my hands. I slide my heels off, letting my feet hit the cool soil.

" Shall we test your theory out then," I boldly, warping my arms around his neck.

He quickly wraps around my waist, pulling me up from the ground. "Let's not let the night go wasted."

I hardly had enough time to register us moving before feeling cold water invade my senses. I quickly tighten my grip around Caleb in an attempt to leave the water. But, of course, Caleb had other plans pushing us toward the falling water. My protest fell on deaf ears as water made contact above us.

"You ass," I gasp, trying to move from his clutches. Calebs laughs at my attempts of escape before deciding to drop me. The water briefly covers me before resurfacing to hear Caleb's laughs. I splashed the water in his direction, which only caused him to laugh even more.

" Is it cold now," He asked with his stupid smug voice.

"Very cold," I lied. I wasn't going to give Caleb any form of victory from his tactics.