Approval

It was a challenge, well I felt it was one. I needed to ensure I wouldn't fail Caleb's test. Granted, I don't blame him for doing it, but I blame him for making me do it.

"Would you like to dance," Caleb's voice reached my thoughts. I quickly shot him a look that only caused him to put his hands up in a playful surrender.

"I'm a little busy, can't you tell?" I asked, taking another gulp of my drink.

I hoped the liquor would take the edge off, but the guilt was still there. I was about to kill someone for my benefit. The task weighed heavy on my shoulders; it was sick, no matter how I looked at it.

"Listen, all you have to do is lead them to me, and I'll take care of the rest. Alright?" He spoke.

I looked over at Caleb, waiting for his signature smirk or amusement. After a couple of seconds, there was none. I knew I needed to do this for survival. No matter what, I would be dealing with human lives.

I took a deep breath and scanned the area of the busy bar. Caleb dragged me to a different bar than I was used to. This bar seemed a bit more active than the one Cammy took me to. It was actually outside of the resort I was staying at. The bar was called "Bobbie's Paradise," having a shack-like exterior from the outside. The inside consisted of warm brown tones blending nicely with the wood accent.

" So all I have to do is lead them to you," I respond slowly, keeping my eyes on a group of people.

"Precisely, I'll be in the back of the building," Caleb whispers against my ears before taking his leave.

I didn't bother watching Caleb leave my side; instead, I kept my gaze on the group. They looked to be my age, definitely tourists, considering the occasional outburst of their proclaimed annual vacation. In this scenario, targeting a tourist would be a safer play than a local one. Tourists also may be more suspicious than locals, especially if they aren't used to the area.

I watched one of the group members send me a wink causing me to quickly turn my back on the group. Criticism began to float in my head from being caught staring like a creep. I needed to evaluate my plan of action to take. Maybe I can pick a weirdo, but how could I safely determine that I was a weirdo without putting myself in an uncomfortable position. I wanted to pick my victim as fairly as possible, but at the same time, I felt hypocritical about my decision. Would it be fair to just pick a random person?

I feel like Caius would simply pick a person that quenches his thirst. Although, to be honest, I think all three kings would. I bit my lip and slowly turned my head toward the group. To my luck, the guy met my gaze once more, and in return, I sent out a flirty smirk before turning my head back again.

If I wanted my life to go the way I wanted, I needed to regain control. The deal with Caleb gave me that option. I needed to act as a vampire. I needed him to take the bait.

"What is beauty like you all by yourself," a voice hit my ears. I look at the stranger I swapped gestures with standing before me. My heart began beating erratically, my mind sending different thoughts of warnings at each beat.

"Mmm, just waiting for some of my friends to come," I reply, slowly fiddling with my straw.

The man leaned towards the counter, getting closer to my space. He wasn't ugly by all means, but his looks didn't compare to the kings. He had blonde hair that was buzzed, sporting dull green eyes.

" Well, would you mind if I could buy you a drink," He offered, shooting me a smile.

" Honestly, a drink would be great," I reply. The man quickly waved down the bartender to take our order.