Rainy Day Naps

~~~Grian POV~~~

I started the day off with chopping some trees down around my Hobbit Hole, the trees were to bunched together and to dence so some had to go, that, and I needed the wood for future builds anyway. I started around 8am and now it was 1pm, I groaned at how long I've been working. I stretched out my arms and wings for a few seconds, then decided I was going to egg some bases because why not? As I was about to go grab some eggs then I felt a rain drop on my head, I looked up and saw the entire sky was filled with gray clouds, I groaned again as my fun was ruined. I grabbed my shulkers full of wood and walked inside. I put the shulkers in a chest I had in the living room, and walked over to the window and sat on the floor watching the rain start hitting it, it was quite other then the sound of rain and fire crackling which I found soothing. I nearly fell asleep until I heard a knock, I shook my head and walked over to the door and opened it, I was greeted by a soaking wet brunette, his hair almost covering his emerald eyes and his arms crossed rubbing each other in an attempt to stay warm.

I rubbed my eye then chuckled at the sight. "Scar? What are you doing here? It's freezing outside!" I said with a confused smile, and stepped to the side to let him in. Which he nearly ran inside and I chuckled again closing the door behind him.

"My elytra broke when I was trying to fly home before the storm hit, and I landed when it started pouring and your house was the closest so I ran here." He responded sitting next to my fire place holding his hands to it trying to get them warm.

I walked into my bathroom in my room and grabbed a towel and walked back to the living room and handed it to him. He took it and thanked me with a smile, which I returned. He wrapped himself in it making his top hat fall off, I grabbed it from the floor and set it on the kitchen counter before sitting next to Scar. A yawn escaped my lips and I rubbed my eyes again.

Scar looked at me whilst I stared into the golden fire. "Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry." He said sympathetically.

I shook my head."No, you didn't. I was about to fall asleep because I worked on landscaping for 5 hours straight." I replied with a small smile and a chuckle.

"Well I'm sorry I disturbed you." He responded with a soft smile whilst shivering, then taking the towel off him and setting it to the side.

I shook my head again still smiling. "Don't be sorry, no one can predict the weather. Also you're shivering." I said with a chuckle. He laughed at my response.

"You don't happen to have a spare blanket, do you?" He asked hopeful. I shook my head and he groaned, and I started laughing uncontrollably at his groan, to which he joined the laughter after a second.

"I may not have a spare blanket but I do have 10 foot wings!" I responded wrapping my red and black wing around him, making him scoot closer.

"Good enough!" He replied holding the top of my wing like a blanket, which I giggled at.

I yawned again and leaned my head on his shoulder and wrapped my other wing around me. I felt him grab my hand and rest his head atop of mine. I held his hand a bit tight as if I was going to loose him. I didn't try to escape his touch like I normally would with people, instead I sunk into it, he made me feel safe. My eyes started to flutter shut and I drifted off to sleep to the sound of rain, fire crackling, and Scar humming a random song.

~~~Scar POV~~~

I felt Grian tighten his grip on my hand as if he thought I'd leave him, I started humming a random song I heard Mumbo singing a few days ago. After a minute Grian's grip loosened and his wings almost fell to the floor, signalling he had fallen asleep. I sighed and smiled at the small avian, I gave him a small kiss on the head and closed my eyes and started listening to the fire crackling, and the rain hitting the windows and ground. I smiled softly at this perfect moment, I wished we could stay like this forever. Sleep slowly took over as I wrapped my free arm around the blonde.

God do I love him.

_________________________________
AYYY confession 😃 sorta.
Sorry for another short
chapter, I thought it was
bitter sweet though 🥰

898 words