Bruno Bucciarati: Wedding

Without warning, screaming and yelling came from outside, despair filling your eyes as your new fiance dragged the addict out from his hiding cove, before laying into someone he could now never forgive: His own stepfather. You had never, ever seen anybody so ireful in your entire life. His eyes were sharp enough to shatter diamond into over a million shards, sweat beading up on the young capo's face as his father's demise replayed in his mind. He had hidden a deep, dark secret for so long; nobody understanding his true reasoning or disgust towards drugs. So, when he discovered his step-father had left the table in order to partake in a drug deal, his heart honestly broke in two. You'd only taken your eyes off his handsome face for one second, turning to speak to his mother. Suddenly, what had developed into a luminously bright smile was destroyed in moments.

Embarrassment wasn't the word. Bruno had lost absolutely lost his shit after clocking eyes on the deal from the table, leaving your side to stay true to just one thing: To protect his father's memory. His father's passing was way before you had come into his life and thawed out his untrusting heart.
"Hey!" the barman yelled, making a beeline for the brawlers as did the team. Both you and his mum glanced over towards the commotion, making out the two figures as your partners. The first punch frightened you almost to death, gasps reacting to Bruno's hand aligning with his step-father's jaw in seconds and knocking him flying backwards into another table. If he'd have left it at that perhaps there would have been a chance at reconciliation with the Milanese businessman.
"How dare you!" he screeched, repeating the phrase again before approaching his parent on the ground. You didn't entirely understand, since Italian was your second language and it wasn't quite amazing yet, but there were accusations about drugs and the mafia flying round which sounded crazy, as confirmed by others' shocked gapes.
"Bruno, stop it!" you cried, confused when he didn't even look over with the sweet gaze he usually sported.
"Stay out of it, Y/N." Those words hurt.

Instead he went in again, grabbing him by the lapels and beating him harder, despite the man remaining limp. How could he disgrace the Bucciarati memory with that filth! As well as the lads attempting to restrain him, you wedged yourself in between the crazed Neopolitan and his degraded parent to break them up. Eventually, clarity hit him, leading him to run off and hide from the damage he had just caused.

Everybody else left, leaving behind six of you. Your mother-in-law was distraught, making a beeline for Milan in order to pack up and leave. No lover of her was going to be a drug-user considering how her son's father had passed.

Leaving the chapel, you knew full well where your new husband had gone and that he would want to be left alone to have time with his father. Admittedly, you felt deflated considering this was supposed to be your perfect, special day, so you decided to follow him.
The cemetery had a beauty that people must have often missed, probably due to the sombre atmosphere surrounding the place. There he squatted, close to the ground in his now creased black suit. Thankfully, the mud didn't upset the hem of your dress since it wasn't full length, so only your shoes got a little dirty. Bending beside him, you squeezed his shoulder to let him know he wasn't alone.
"Get up," you requested softly. Though reluctant, the man slowly rose to his full height, sniffling and inspecting his busted knuckles. Delicate fingertips brushed his tears away, the capo sighing as his mind cast back on his poorly timed decision. "You did the right thing," you told him, twirling the ring round your finger absent-mindedly. Bruno couldn't even bring himself to look at you, staring down at the grave his father inhabited as if he was going to materialise before him.
"Bruno, are you listening to me?"

That voice, it sounded just like his late father's! Snapping his gaze back to you, the sight took him aback so much he actually lost power in his legs. Was he hallucinating?! Were you playing some cruel trick on him or affected by an enemy Stand?! Why was Paolo Bucciarati wearing your wedding dress? Where were you?!
"Don't be frightened. It's just Y/N's power." Sticking his hand out, Bruno noticed the ring he had picked still adorned the old man's finger. "The fight that broke out awakened it, but she's still very weak. Y/N isn't suited to such power." Blinking slowly, the noir haired mobster took a step back just in case.
"How... Do you know that?"
"You know a lot from the great beyond, son. I watch you every day and I've seen you grow into the respectable young gentleman I knew you would become."

Collapsing as the spirit returned to the world beyond, your husband instinctively caught you, steadying you whilst you regained consciousness. Mumbling into his chest, you grappled onto his arms and looked around, confused.
"Did I pass out? I could have sworn I overheard a man say 'catch,' but it didn't sound like you!" Heart jumping in his throat, he couldn't believe what just happened.