SELF CONTROL

"So you gonna come bitch we never see you no more?" Nairobi's friend Raelynn spoke to her over the phone as she was on the way home.

"I might, let me call Kai because I was supposed to be going to his house." She replied finally pulling into her driveway after a long shift at work.

"Okay let me know," Raelynn spoke before hanging up the phone.

Nairobi sat in her car for a few more seconds gathering herself before getting out and heading into her house. "Hey Nai Nai." Her mom spoke excitedly from the kitchen as she entered the house.

"Hey ma," She replied kicking off her non-slip shoes. "Where's dad?"

"Girl outside on the balcony smoking like always," Her mom said rolling her eyes. "You staying for dinner or are you going to Kai's"?

"I'm going to Kai's but I'm going to eat first after I shower and stuff."

"Okay baby, I'm going to make you a plate to take to Kaier too."

Nairobi nodded already excited to eat since she had skipped lunch. "Okay thank you, I'm going to shower." She spoke before heading upstairs to her room.

She began stripping out of her work clothes as she face-timed Kaier, frowning up her face when he didn't answer. "The fuck." She mumbled to herself pressing the call button again.

Just as the call was about to end for the third time, he finally picked up the phone. "Hey Baby, wassup?" He spoke looking into the phone.

"Damn I gotta call three times to get a answer?" She questioned slightly annoyed.

"I was doing some shit with my dad and I didn't hear my phone ringing." He apologized. "You good?"

"Yeah, I was just calling to tell you Rae asked me to go to party King's later," She spoke releasing her braids from the high ponytail.

"Oh okay, that nigga Noah asked me to go too so we can pull up." He responded. "Ima be back at my place in like a hour."

"Okay, I still gotta shower and get dressed, my mom is making you a plate."

"Aye, nigga come on !" Nairobi heard his brother Kane yell out.

"Aight baby, I gotta go tell your mom I said thank you. Imma see you." Kaier quickly let out before hanging up the phone.

Nairobi shook her head before, sending Raelynn a text to let her know that she would meet her there. She grabbed her speaker and bonnet and headed to the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey my baby."

"Hey, here's your plate." She spoke handing him the wrapped plate that her mom made.

"Ooo I'm already knowing this shit about to smack." He spoke holding his fist over his mouth as he eyed the plate.

Nairobi shook his head at his dramatics before kicking her shoes off and heading into the living room. She was instantly annoyed when she saw five of his friends already pre-occupying the couch.

" Hey Nai." They all spoke as she sat down in the recliner sending them a simple wave.

"You wanna hit this Nai?" Noah asked appearing from the kitchen with a blunt in his hand.

"Oh hey Semaj, I didn't even see you." She replied as she grabbed the blunt.

"Oh she was excited to see this nigga Noah she barely even spoke to us." Kaier's friend Anthony joked from his spot on the couch. Causing laughter to erupt from his friends that sat around him.