SHAME

Two weeks had passed since Nairobi had made the decision to terminate her pregnancy. Despite her being sure about the choice she made, guilt was hitting her harder than she had expected. After experiencing an entire week of excruciating cramps, physically it was like it had never even happened. But mentally, it wasn't so easy for her to move on.

For the past fourteen days, she had been going from class to home and nowhere in between. Usually, her Godsister and a few friends she had made during her time in school could convince her to go out, but she had no social battery. Which is why she was slightly annoyed when her stepfather called her a few days ago to let her know that he needed her home for a last-minute surprise party he was planning to throw for her mother.

Nairobi could hide her emotions from most people pretty well, but her mother was not one of them.

As she made the three-hour drive back home, she tried to force herself into a happier mood that wouldn't show her true feelings. Fortunately, Daktoah decided to tag along to celebrate her godmother which meant that Nairobi had at least someone who knew what she was actually dealing with. Although they had refrained from bringing the situation up much since that day, Dakotah could tell that it had affected her sister more than she was trying to let on. However, like most people, she knew better than to try and pry. She figured if Nairobi wanted to talk about it she would when she was ready.

For now, she supported her from a distance.

Aside from keeping a good face for her family, Nairobi worried about running into Jacobi. Like she had informed him he was blocked, which meant that she hadn't heard from him. Although she wasn't sure if he had even attempted to reach out since that day, she was smart enough to know that she would be running into him at the party. She hoped that he was able to better control his emotions than he had in the past, in fear of her entire family learning her new secret.

Dakotah had informed her to ignore him but she felt that it was easier said than done.

After they finally arrived back in her hometown they occupied her childhood room for a few hours before deciding they should begin getting ready. Young Nudy's Peaches and Eggplants blasted through the room as they maneuvered around each other putting on makeup and trying on their different outfit options. Her stepfather, popped his head in to let them know there would be a driver there to pick them up in an hour. Prompting the girls to do their best to speed up their process.

After getting dressed and snapping a few videos they quickly stole a couple shots from her parent's liquor cabinet before rushing out the door and into the Black Escalade that sat waiting for them. Nairobi knew that her brothers and Marvin would kill her if she was late.

As they got closer to the venue, her heartbeat began to pick up its pace. She knew that she would have to take enough shots to hold her over for the rest of the night without questions. Sensing that her thoughts were running a mile a minute, Dakotah reached over to grab her hand. "You good Baby. If that nigga get to being weird we'll jump him," She half joked as she shrugged. "Have a good time for my Sunny, worry about this other shit later."

Nairobi nodded her head taking in her advice, they sat in a comfortable silence both of them looking over the photos that they took. Nairobi was glad that she looked better than she felt. She sported a deep v-neck black gown with silver lace-up heels and a silver Coach bag. Her ginger hair sat in a long middle part that was bluntly cut and sat in the middle of her back, her earrings, wrist, and fingers containing a plethora of different silver jewelry.

A flash prompted her to look up from her phone, she realized that Dakotah was recording her prompting to pose and throw up a peace sign a tipsy smile appearing on her face. "My sissy so pretty y'all," Dakotah complimented her before ending the video.